Wow! Stewie's Feelings Regarding Social Media | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wow! Stewie's Feelings Regarding Social Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
No attack, simply a question as to why you constantly compare someone's social media addiction to masturbation. I have provided a link to well over 100 known addictions of which it is one but I still find it difficult to understand your connection. http://www.addictionz.com/types-of-addictions/
We had a woman walk off the pier in New London awhile back while texting, ooops. You hear of these mishaps often. I simply have never heard of these types of incidents often with the comparison you make. People sit in cafe's and restaurants with laptops in front of them or staring down at their phone and texting instead of socializing with the ones across from them. A big change in society for sure but their hands are always above the table.
Figuratively any vain or repetitive act to achieve gratification can be viewed as masturbatory. Indeed the act need not necessarily be erotic, yet the pleasure received may release the same type of endorphin's. A sexually safe venture for a self absorbed generation.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
In my opinion, it's a matter of degree.
Social media can be of great service, as per your example of watching your nieces and nephews. People share parts of their lives and interested parties take it in. That's great.
On the other hand, there are people who post the most mundane parts of everyday living for no apparent reason. "Heading into Stop & Shop to do the weekly shopping." "Wow, it was cold this morning." "This woman in front of me was driving so slow this morning, Ugh..."
And then there are the people who really have few original thoughts and little to say -- so they post "made for social media" snippets, "funny" quotes, etc, just to have a presence.
I have decided to eschew social media. Admittedly, I have some accounts with fake names that I use for "research" before meeting with clients. My experience from using those accounts show me that many people waste a lot of time posting what I consider to be stupid stuff.
Hope you do not judge them totally based on a few "social media" post.

this is the reason I have no co-workers on my friend list... take a simple comment and twist it any way they wish (which is also done here on the BY).

my professional life and personal life aren't the same... and my humor is extremely dry, thats why I try to surround myself around people like me #veryunsocial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom