Wow... Now we have mental imagery training | The Boneyard

Wow... Now we have mental imagery training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I really hope we get Asia to join the UCONN Family. I've watched her on video and she seems like the total package. She wants to win National Championships so UCONN would be the best fit for her.

Reaction Score
Asia Durr (black shirt) looks like a total stud in this picture. Fitness personified. And Katie Lou appears to be taller than Lauren Cox in this image! Anyway, I am all for guided imagery.
Seee - see the ball. Be, be, beeeeee the ball Danny. na na na na na na etc[/QUOTE]
Look down. KLS is wearing sneakers and Lauren is wearing sandals.

Reaction Score
Katie's on the far left? We're doomed; she's barely taller than Asia.

Reaction Score
It seems odd in this day & age to see a group of sportswomen in the same uniform but almost all with different footwear...
That's what the world cup games look like

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
maybe they dont supply the footwear (HS Teams dont) as most college teams do

Reaction Score
Seee - see the ball. Be, be, beeeeee the ball Danny. na na na na na na etc

Look down. KLS is wearing sneakers and Lauren is wearing sandals.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, forgot the ;) emoticon that is a staple of this board. I was trying to make a play on the running Boneyard joke of height controversies. My bad!

As a psychotherapist, I have seen guided imagery change lives. I have also seen it be of little to no use, depending on the individual. From a college basketball standpoint, Doug McDermott from Creighton is one of the most recent success story that I have read about.

An article in Sports Illustrated (3/17) described Doug McDermott's ability to get into the zone as connected to his work with Jack Stark, an Omaha-based sport psychologist. McDermott and Stark would have a mental preparation session before each and every every game. This session would include a hypnotic induction, deep relaxation, and guided imagery. This type of visualization is not uncommon at the highest levels of competition. Of course, nothing trumps basketball practice and hard work, but mental imagery can be another useful tool for certain student athletes. Doug McDermott was named first team All American, won the John Wooden award and was named National Player of the Year by 14 different groups. Phenomenal accomplishments, especially considering that McDermott was only a 3 star recruit out of High School and was ranked 34th in the forward position.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22