Wow... How can the Huskies possibly compete with this.... | The Boneyard

Wow... How can the Huskies possibly compete with this....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Once the basketball practice facility is up and running, UConn will have the facilities to rival (if not exceed) any other program in the country. That being said, the locker room is certainly impressive!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
visitors locker room.jpg
What do the facilities for visiting teams look like?

Reaction Score
Where's the kettle for making Mock Turtle Soup after they lose to Duke on February 24th?? It'd be fun to sit around their new kettle and mock the Twerps!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'll be really curious to see how Duke fares with against Maryland. I think it will be a closer game than you think - I'm not sure if Duke has ever thumped Maryland when both teams were in the top 10.

Anyway, nice locker room. Maryland is poised to have a good year this season. I can see them possibly getting to the elite 8, but no further than that...

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
Wow... How can the Huskies possibly compete with this....:p

-Nice post; thanks for the Maryland link.

-Perhaps as an useful update for some (the following website was new to me, anyway) , if you have not seen all the artists’ drawings, here is the URL for the floor plans and ‘video previews’ of the future UConn Basketball Development Center, that recently got the green light to proceed.

- The next time you’re procrastinating taking another much needed Boneyard-break like me, you may want to check out all this website’s tabs at the top of the page. Some nice insight, and it seems thoughtfully presented, particularly as an introduction to donors.
http://uconnbasketballcenter.com/home.html

Arty :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Good news is they did not use the same design firm as for their football uniforms.

Reaction Score
Very nice! I do not know who or when the trend toward plush locker rooms and training facilities started. It's all good.

Reaction Score
I'll be really curious to see how Duke fares with against Maryland. I think it will be a closer game than you think - I'm not sure if Duke has ever thumped Maryland when both teams were in the top 10.

Anyway, nice locker room. Maryland is poised to have a good year this season. I can see them possibly getting to the elite 8, but no further than that...
I would love to see us crush MD,MD beat Duke,and we beat up Duke! Bottomline,though not members of the ACC,we again end up being the "ACC" Champs! We play Wake Forest,and ND<future ACC at least 2xs>,Syracuse,Pitt! That is 23.333% of our regular season! schedule;)

Thanks pap as always for your links! Nice facilities! We will have our new facility ready for the entering 2014 class! Hope we have great virtual reality plans very visible and promote! I know it is often stated 'it is not big factor" LOL,and we know what impacts 17/18 years;)

We also need a MUCH bigger area for Trophies,Awards, NCS,,hoping 8-9 Womens!AAs,WNBA pros etal;) Artie,I know what you mean:)
Ira

Reaction Score
Geno was asked about the new facility as a recruiting tool.

He kind of smirked/shrugged, and said "I've never had a kid come here or not come here and say it was because of the facilities"

Reaction Score
Super nice, but whats the point of the tv's in their lockers? Are they going to stand and watch game footage in front of their locker or what?

Reaction Score
I am fully aware of Geno's comments! Kids are impressed by facilities as part of their impressions of
a program. As to it not coming into play for kids coming to UCONN is great! It not being a selling point for
high school kids at schools is naive.

On Geno's comments I would expect him to say that. He looks for kids with
the charactistics that make them UCONN kids! Is he ecstatic with the new facilities that he will have in 2 years?
Hell Yes!!!
Ira

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member