Would you have the stones? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Would you have the stones?

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score

Most services have Colgate 3rd or 4th in the Patriot, which is probably good for 16-18 wins. Judging them by last year's results isn't an honest read.

Reaction Score
I’m ok with one game but think a JC stern talking to and maybe one half would’ve sufficed. Anymore than one game and it’s just Ollie being macho. That said I fully expect Jalen to suit up on Tuesday.

Reaction Score
I have no problem with him sitting JA out a couple games. The added playing time for a couple of our guards will only help the team down the road.

Reaction Score
to dress Jalen in street clothes, if you were the head coach?

There was no coming back if we were down 12 at the half. No bailout second half star. All new kids & Anderson as your pg.

Coming off last years start, would you have had the guts to not only bench him but without uniform?

I really hope the decision was easy for KO. A win or loss against against Colgate is meaningless to me.

I made kind of a big deal in the other Adams scooter accident thread. Running from an accident scene is on the edge of a big deal. I'd actually prefer Adams be suspended for more than one game. At the very least a game more meaningful then Colgate. A few thought i was being ridiculous or joking.....I wasn't.

If KO questioned the 1 game suspension at all I'm more concerned for KO than i am Adams.

This issue has a lot to do with principles. What are they? Do you have any? Are they simply winning the next game? I hope KO is about more than that.

Do you remember when our outmanned team travelled to Indiana missing 2 players. JC famously told the players, "This is the team". We ended up rolling Indiana.

I'm looking for leadership out of KO. Not just winning the next game.

Reaction Score
I really hope the decision was easy for KO. A win or loss against against Colgate is meaningless to me.

I made kind of a big deal in the other Adams scooter accident thread. Running from an accident scene is on the edge of a big deal. I'd actually prefer Adams be suspended for more than one game. At the very least a game more meaningful then Colgate. A few thought i was being ridiculous or joking.....I wasn't.

If KO questioned the 1 game suspension at all I'm more concerned for KO than i am Adams.

This issue has a lot to do with principles. What are they? Do you have any? Are they simply winning the next game? I hope KO is about more than that.

Do you remember when our outmanned team travelled to Indiana missing 2 players. JC famously told the players, "This is the team". We ended up rolling Indiana.

I'm looking for leadership out of KO. Not just winning the next game.

I vividly remember the Indiana game. Agree on all points. Great post.

Reaction Score
At the end of the day, it was Colgate.

Very true. But given our experience last season, sitting Adams put a scenario in play where our season would be over before it began for the second year in a row. The temptation to do the wrong thing was certainly there . . .

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
The right move by KO. The message is sent when the player wears streets.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I’m ok with one game but think a JC stern talking to and maybe one half would’ve sufficed. Anymore than one game and it’s just Ollie being macho. That said I fully expect Jalen to suit up on Tuesday.

The kid was arrested. One game was the least Ollie was obligated to do as a college coach.

As a positive side effect, Anderson's minutes and performance far exceeded my wildest expectations. I thought he'd get maybe 10 min/game and spell the top three guards in a three guard line up every so often. He proved he can be reliable in a two guard set.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom