Would you be willing to engage in a research? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Would you be willing to engage in a research?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks for all the comments!
We are not recruiting yet. We are designing the study and in order for me to give details related with that I need an Institutional Review Board approval. My question for now is more to get the sense of which methodology we should adopt for getting the participants.

Dogdeacon comment got a little bit of the essence of what it could be.
"I'm guessing she's measuring either sitting v standing or maybe heart rates? I'd love the boneyard data on the latter. Given that some of us have copped to walks in the woods and other 'serenity now' salves while watching on TV, I can only imagine the collective data on stress inside the arena."

I would think you could ask random fans, signs around campus for people to sign up to help with the study. What is your demographic outside of Uconn fans? Age groups? Gender? ect.... That might play a role in how you recruit participants.

Reaction Score
Thanks for all the comments!
We are not recruiting yet. We are designing the study and in order for me to give details related with that I need an Institutional Review Board approval. My question for now is more to get the sense of which methodology we should adopt for getting the participants.

Dogdeacon comment got a little bit of the essence of what it could be.
"I'm guessing she's measuring either sitting v standing or maybe heart rates? I'd love the boneyard data on the latter. Given that some of us have copped to walks in the woods and other 'serenity now' salves while watching on TV, I can only imagine the collective data on stress inside the arena."

How about you let me take you out on a nice dinner date and we can discuss this research project further?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm guessing she's measuring either sitting v standing or maybe heart rates? I'd love the boneyard data on the latter. Given that some of us have copped to walks in the woods and other 'serenity now' salves while watching on TV, I can only imagine the collective data on stress inside the arena.

Perhaps a measurement of sphincter tightness?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm guessing she's measuring either sitting v standing or maybe heart rates? I'd love the boneyard data on the latter. Given that some of us have copped to walks in the woods and other 'serenity now' salves while watching on TV, I can only imagine the collective data on stress inside the arena.
i.e.
Steve Enoch shoots 1-and-1, heart rates go up 30-50%
Amida Brimah grabs a rebound, heart rates drop 30bpm as a calm satisfaction envelopes the building
Rodney Purvis drives into traffic - heart rates spike to 101% of max
Kevin Ollie touches some papers on the scorers table in a tight game = get out the defibrillators...
I would gather that some of the best candidates for her research are not at the games but in the Boneyard chartroom!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
How about you let me take you out on a nice dinner date and we can discuss this research project further?

And now Gabriela knows why you shouldn't come to The Boneyard for any kind of intelligent discourse.

Reaction Score
Now I should be the master of this since I am up to 3 cell phones.

All kidding aside I would do this but obviously I am on the west coast now. I attend the Stanford and San Jose State games and would be willing to help you out.

Just let us know how to manage and make this work

Hoping all Husky fans are well. It's snowing in Ct and here on Wed its going to be 85 degrees. Yes I had to rub it in.

Good Luck to the lady Huskies !!!!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
And now Gabriela knows why you shouldn't come to The Boneyard for any kind of intelligent discourse.

Hey , there is nothing wrong with Internet dating propositions it's the millennial way. In fact he was old fashioned. He could've gone all Tinder on her.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Now I should be the master of this since I am up to 3 cell phones.

All kidding aside I would do this but obviously I am on the west coast now. I attend the Stanford and San Jose State games and would be willing to help you out.

Just let us know how to manage and make this work

Hoping all Husky fans are well. It's snowing in Ct and here on Wed its going to be 85 degrees. Yes I had to rub it in.

Good Luck to the lady Huskies !!!!

Hope you are well yourself too, Mr. Shea. Your third cell phone should easily help the women lock down number 11.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Hey , there is nothing wrong with Internet dating propositions it's the millennial way. In fact he was old fashioned. He could've gone all Tinder on her.

I'm REALLY glad he didn't go that route, for all of our sakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom