Would we even be next? | The Boneyard

Would we even be next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Considering each round of realignment / expansion, is there any reason to believe we'd even be next. UConn seems to be considered so low by at least a few schools that I can't even see more movement opening up a spot for us.

It looks like the ACC has circled the wagons a la the Big12 last year. Even if one or two leave, do you have any confidence that Cincinnati and others wouldn't be chosen ahead of us? I don't. Somehow we've become UMass.

I posted in another thread that it's amazing to me that conferences have completely given up on anything north of NJ. I'm not claiming UConn is perfect, but you will now have a tremendous portion of the US (NY and all of New England) both by population and area without a state school to root for.

Connecticut will be, by far, the biggest state without a BCS (or whatever we're going to call it) school. Other less populated states (by density and pure numbers) have multiple representatives.

I'm torn between saying f' college sports, let them die, and continuing my support of UConn athletics as a different kind of f' you.

I'm just really glad I made it to he NC game in Houston.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty close to saying forget I even invested time and money into college ports. College sports are very close to being dead to me. There's only so much of this I can take. I love my huskies but when their success is tied to decisions aside from the field, court, and university it will apparently never suceed.

Reaction Score
No. There's really no reason to expect we'd be next. When people talk about UConn they'll say it's been a consistent, solid program, good school, blah blah blah. It's not a "hot" program right now. We're not the sexy choice, and I don't think we ever will be.

Someone will pick us up off the scrap heap eventually, but by then who knows what's become of recruiting.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I'm pretty close to saying forget I even invested time and money into college ports. College sports are very close to being dead to me. There's only so much of this I can take. I love my huskies but when their success is tied to decisions aside from the field, court, and university it will apparently never suceed.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01