would u have rather | The Boneyard

would u have rather

which one?

• acc right away

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • try for b10 then go to acc if b10 says no(#B1GHARDER)

Votes: 23 69.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
joined the acc last week or try to get a b10 invite and join the acc later in the process?

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
B1G all the way! ACC Should be our fallback conference when all else fails.

Reaction Score
Take the ACC, leaving it, should another invite come, wouldn't be too difficult. Either option is miles better than where we currently are. SU and ND are both on their way to the ACC and that's not stopping them from being rumored B1G expansion targets.

Additionally, you don't want to get the reputation for saying no to conferences that would very obviously be better than your current one and you have no sentimental reason to say no. You never know who would be rubbed the wrong way by a public denial of a formal invite, there are probably people in the B1G who have some sentimental ACC ties. This is all of course so long as Delaney wasn't on Line 2. Then Swofford can go duck himself.

Reaction Score
Take the ACC, leaving it, should another invite come, wouldn't be too difficult. Either option is miles better than where we currently are. SU and ND are both on their way to the ACC and that's not stopping them from being rumored B1G expansion targets.

Additionally, you don't want to get the reputation for saying no to conferences that would very obviously be better than your current one and you have no sentimental reason to say no. You never know who would be rubbed the wrong way by a public denial of a formal invite, there are probably people in the B1G who have some sentimental ACC ties. This is all of course so long as Delaney wasn't on Line 2. Then Swofford can go duck himself.
So you're saying we'll join the Big Ten. Cool. I've decided to type out "Big Ten". This conference has the deepest tradition. We have tradition too. Ivy League of BCS of athletic conferences. Unreal.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying we will, I'm only saying if the ACC had offered last week, or if they offer next week, and there's no sign of an imminent B1G offer, we must accept if for no other reason than the worst case scenario is we end up in essentially the same league we've been in for the last eight years, which is still miles better than playing tulane, houston, smu, and san diego state.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I'm not saying we will, I'm only saying if the ACC had offered last week, or if they offer next week, and there's no sign of an imminent B1G offer, we must accept if for no other reason than the worst case scenario is we end up in essentially the same league we've been in for the last eight years, which is still miles better than playing tulane, houston, smu, and san diego state.

You forgot East Carolina.

B1G.

Reaction Score
Why not have a third option? Try for SEC then if they don't invite we can try for B1G THEN we can go to ACC if they say no.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
We should go rogue. Drop all conference affiliations and dare teams to schedule us.

Reaction Score
It's funny. Right now, it really doesn't look like it matters if we joined the ACC last week. If the Big 1G expands by adding 2, they are either adding 2 ACC schools, ND and an ACC school, or possibly UConn with an ACC school. If the Big 1G adds 2 ACC or 1 ACC schools, there will be a mass exodus to the SEC and Big 12 by the rest of the ACCs schools. Bottom line, in 3 years, UConn will either be in the Big 1G or in an ACC that looks like the old BE.

My prediction:
SEC: UNC and Duke
Big 12: FSU, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech (NC St. and Miami or Pitt if they go to 16)
Big 1G: Virginia and ND

Reaction Score
I would rather be in the ACC, worried about IF the league falls apart, than on the outside looking in HOPING the ACC falls apart.

Patience has to be our virtue here I suppose.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
We have football aspirations, we have a basketball jewel. The jewel is at risk right now due to a storm of uncertainty. We need the recruiting pipeline to regain stability. We need a home. Now. What is greater, the opportunity cost of losing the B1G or the risk of our Eden drying to dust and blowing away. Momentum is everything. Save Uconn Basketball. Now.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Yes. This should be obvious to anyone who is thinking clearly. And if it doesn't fall apart, the ACC will be a very nice home for UConn.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Take the first bus out of town. I'd rather it be going to to a nice location, but anywhere that isn't here works.

Reaction Score
Why wait? If you're drowning I'm sure you'd rather get picked up by a yacht than a dingy, but if a dingy comes by I'd take it.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
We can cheat on the ACC after we actually get in the ACC's pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom