Would the Big 10 go for this? | The Boneyard

Would the Big 10 go for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The state agrees to expand to 65k, and 25k seats are reserved for Big 10 fans. Any
not used get returned to Uconn. Big 10 fans would purchase tickets thru the Big 10.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
It goes without saying that if there was an expansion, UConn would also need to increase it's visitors ticket offerings. 25K might be a bit too much (that's almost 50/50 split if UConn fans don't all show). We do want to maintain home field advantage afterall. I'd hate to be playing a meaningful game against Michigan in 2018 at the Rent and they have more fans at the game than we do!

Reaction Score
If we are in the big, some of our big home games will be in NFL Stadiums and there will be deals about how many tickets are reserved for visitors. The belief of many is RU had to agree to that.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I would not mind one bit traveling to MetLife Stadium or Gilette Stadium to see UConn play Ohio State or Michigan. I'm open to any options...I'm just worried that the casual UConn fan isn't as open (see: the complaining that went on over our proposed Notre Dame series a few years ago).

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Regardless of where we are situated (conference wise) over the next half dozen or so years it would do wonders for our efforts of increasing the visibility of our program (and the local fan base) if we were to regularly schedule a game (ideally one per season) against a bigtime opponent in the Meadowlands and Foxboro (ideally one on odd years, the other on even years).

Our plan from the day we decided to upgrade football should have been to stretch our reach from NYC to Boston. If we attempted this from four, eight, twelve years ago and even only made a fraction of the progress we were aiming at we would be infinitely better off today.

Reaction Score
If we are in the big, some of our big home games will be in NFL Stadiums and there will be deals about how many tickets are reserved for visitors. The belief of many is RU had to agree to that.

Not True. Pernetti shot that down at the press conference, while sitting next to Delany. But RU will probably have a game every other year at Giants Stadium. That's what Pernetti said.

Reaction Score
Not True. Pernetti shot that down at the press conference, while sitting next to Delany. But RU will probably have a game every other year at Giants Stadium. That's what Pernetti said.

And this is proof because no one connected with college sports would ever lie?

Reaction Score
If they said every game was an away game and we only got 500 seats I'd take it as long as we didn't have to go to the ACC.

Reaction Score
And this is proof because no one connected with college sports would ever lie?
Plenty of B1G stadiums are the size of what Rutgers has. Rutgers might even expand more now. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom