Would ND go all in to solidy/save the ACC? | The Boneyard

Would ND go all in to solidy/save the ACC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
ND wants an east coast conference, and presumably one with a legitimate southern recruiting presence. Would they join (or accelerate plans to join) the acc to entice UNC, UVA, GTCH and the football schools to stick around?

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
NO, but they will playfully lift their skirt just high enough to keep the boys interested...

I guess the phones lines between South Bend and Austin are burning up then.

Reaction Score
Neither - I always picture Notre Dame as "old school" (70's style). Everything's cool until you get too far into it, and then it's too late to back out.

Reaction Score
ND wants an east coast conference, and presumably one with a legitimate southern recruiting presence. Would they join (or accelerate plans to join) the acc to entice UNC, UVA, GTCH and the football schools to stick around?

Ha!

Reaction Score
Neither - I always picture Notre Dame as "old school" (70's style). Everything's cool until you get too far into it, and then it's too late to back out.

I'm down with foliage. If you are going to get down and dirty no reason to worry about details.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So if/when acc dies, ND to b12 or A-10. Nice.

Their mission is to single handedly kill every conference until everyone becomes an independent. They are leveling the playing field one conference at a time.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yes they will, immediately after Rutgers says "We decided that we don't want to join the B1G. We want UConn to take our spot".

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
Yes they will, immediately after Rutgers says "We decided that we don't want to join the B1G. We want UConn to take our spot".

Assuming that doesnt happen, where will ND up then?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
ND just reaffirmed to themselves that as long as they have a quality head coach they will be able to compete for national titles as an independent. This past season set back their eventual need to join a conference for football 25 years.

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
ND just reaffirmed to themselves that as long as they have a quality head coach they will be able to compete for national titles as an independent. This past season set back their eventual need to join a conference for football 25 years.

I meant their other sports. B12 only option for partial membership. That would be interesting

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I meant their other sports. B12 only option for partial membership. That would be interesting
They are in the BE today and will be in the ACC down the road (except ice hockey which is joining Hockey East).

Reaction Score
Notre Dame doesn't care about anyone except Notre Dame. They'll stay independent for as long as it makes sense and then join a conference on their terms only, probably get some sweet deal like what Texas has.

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
They are in the BE today and will be in the ACC down the road (except ice hockey which is joining Hockey East).

You missed the underlying premise. IF acc suffers additional defections to B1G/B12/SEC and ceases to exist as a conference, what does Notre Dame do? I don't think they have any interest in playing basketball at Iowa St. That doesnt leave them many options.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
You missed the underlying premise. IF acc suffers additional defections to B1G/B12/SEC and ceases to exist as a conference, what does Notre Dame do? I don't think they have any interest in playing basketball at Iowa St. That doesnt leave them many options.
The worst possible case for the ACC will still leave them with 7-8 current members and an all sports conference that is ahead of any non-major. ND may start a bidding war between the remnants of the ACC and the catholic membership of what is currently the BE but they will find a conference of at worst reasonable quality that would be willing to take them in.

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
More from the Dude of WV:

The Big 10 conference has received applications for membership from UVA, UNC, and Georgia Tech while FSU, Clemson, UNC, NC State and Virginia Tech have contacted the SEC about potential membership.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
More from the Dude of WV:

The Big 10 conference has received applications for membership from UVA, UNC, and Georgia Tech while FSU, Clemson, UNC, NC State and Virginia Tech have contacted the SEC about potential membership.

I know mhver3 is full of , but what is this guy's rep?

Reaction Score
Big deal. The BE has received applications from ECU, URI, Flagler College, FGCU, Univ of North FL, and Asnuntuck Community College (non-football).

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Big deal. The BE has received applications from ECU, URI, Flagler College, FGCU, Univ of North FL, and Asnuntuck Community College (non-football).

Flagler college is gorgeous and my girlfriend went to North Florida. I vote for them.

Reaction Score
Flagler college is gorgeous and my girlfriend went to North Florida. I vote for them.

Florida Gulf Coast is nice, too. We would lock up the sunshine state with these acquisitions. I am troubled that Asnuntuck wants in for non-football only. Could set a bad precedent...

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Florida Gulf Coast is nice, too. We would lock up the sunshine state with these acquisitions. I am troubled that Asnuntuck wants in for non-football only. Could set a bad precedent...

That's ok. We can still accept them. They will provide as many NCAA tournament wins as we can expect from Providence, Seton Hall, and DePaul combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom