Would Baylor be this year's UConn if they had beat UConn? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Would Baylor be this year's UConn if they had beat UConn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Now this is a fun smack talking thread, and what is even rarer, done with amazing civility at the same time! :)

Baylor is certainly looking strong, and their freshman are finally starting to contribute. I discount the incredible statistical glories Baylor has put together because the biggest contributions to those statistical numbers have come against the truly dreadful portion of their home OOC schedule - 77 point average MOV against five teams with RPIs 225 and above. Their MOV against the rest of their schedule is a still very good 28.1 but not the stratospheric number it currently sits at - and the rest of that schedule is still not all that impressive.
When Uconn put together some of their more impressive numbers it included 50+ point wins against teams like OSU, Miss State and TX.

NB - great loaded site for stats junkies:
Nitty Gritty Report with Team Pages for 2016-2017 NCAA Women's College Basketball - WarrenNolan.com
Check out some of the other tabs on the site for different looks.

And for 2016 full year:
Nitty Gritty Report with Team Pages for 2015-2016 NCAA Women's College Basketball - WarrenNolan.com

NB2 - not sure how the RPI numbers will vary through conference play, but to date the American while still not great, is much better than for the full year of 2016.

Reaction Score
But do they play Uconn next year? If so I cant see Baylor winning that game with the team the Huskies will have, no matter where it's played.
Only if in the NCAA tourney.
You mean Kim scheduled a game only in the supposed UConn down year? She can't possibly be that transparent at gaming her schedule, can she?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Now this is a fun smack talking thread, and what is even rarer, done with amazing civility at the same time! :)

Baylor is certainly looking strong, and their freshman are finally starting to contribute. I discount the incredible statistical glories Baylor has put together because the biggest contributions to those statistical numbers have come against the truly dreadful portion of their home OOC schedule - 77 point average MOV against five teams with RPIs 225 and above. Their MOV against the rest of their schedule is a still very good 28.1 but not the stratospheric number it currently sits at - and the rest of that schedule is still not all that impressive.
When Uconn put together some of their more impressive numbers it included 50+ point wins against teams like OSU, Miss State and TX.

NB - great loaded site for stats junkies:
Nitty Gritty Report with Team Pages for 2016-2017 NCAA Women's College Basketball - WarrenNolan.com
Check out some of the other tabs on the site for different looks.

And for 2016 full year:
Nitty Gritty Report with Team Pages for 2015-2016 NCAA Women's College Basketball - WarrenNolan.com

NB2 - not sure how the RPI numbers will vary through conference play, but to date the American while still not great, is much better than for the full year of 2016.
Good pertinent numbers. But as I've said before the season started. Baylor is the team UConn needs to beat. I had them rated #1 before the season started and I have them a strong #2 now. Honestly though I can't be anything but civil since Mulkey and those young ladies in Waco have shown nothing but respect for Geno and this team. They have every right to be confident. As I've also said before, I can't wait to see the front of Mulkey's teams uni's during the Cotillion.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
But do they play Uconn next year? If so I cant see Baylor winning that game with the team the Huskies will have, no matter where it's played.
You mean Kim scheduled a game only in the supposed UConn down year? She can't possibly be that transparent at gaming her schedule, can she?

Do your research. The series has a bye year and starts again the next year. Just think how much better UCONN will be the next season when the two teams play again. I guess Kim is not as smart as you give her credit for being.

Last edited:

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Isn't it always?
The answer is always 42. Yes. Always.

Other than to add that if this year's aunt had male anatomy, she'd be my uncle.

Reaction Score
Do your research. The series has a bye year and starts again the next year. Just think how much better UCONN will be the next season when the two teams play again. I guess Kim is not as smart as you give her credit for being.
This is what you wrote: Only if in the NCAA tourney. I hope you can imagine how I could construe what you wrote to mean that there wasn't a regular season game scheduled. But thanks for setting me straight about Kim :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom