Would ACC consider Louisvillve to placate Clemson, FSU? | The Boneyard

Would ACC consider Louisvillve to placate Clemson, FSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Would those two have enough influence? Wanting to strengthen football base and committ to remaining?

A number of things going on I'm sure.

Reaction Score
It's possible. FSU and Clemson have to have a place to go, however.

Reaction Score
FSU and Clemson were supposedly behind the original expansion to get Miami and BC. How'd that work out? I'm not so sure that adding Louisville makes all that much difference...it is still primarily a basketball school. And if they get a call from the Big 12, they'll probably go anyway...certainly if they get one from the SEC their gone. there is a theory that conferences may say they want "better football programs" but the reality is that they want teams with old pedigrees that they can beat. If you're Florida State., do you really want to bring in a new program that will challenge you or even end up superior to you?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This is my biggest fear. The ACC just saw a founding member leave over a football issue. Do they want to risk losing their only two major football teams by adding UConn? Unfortunately it's all about the here and now and UConn looks horrible in football. I really worry that FSU will force the ACC hand. Football drives the revenue bus....

The sad reality is that Charlie Strong is probably gone after this season and Louisville can easily regress to their selves of two seasons ago. So it's sad that this could be the driving factor when UConn offers more.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Yes, that they'll perceive they have to add fball strength. But who knows, market wise I think UConn is favored and will UVA, UNC, ND, Duke have greater influence? Didn't Coach K endorse adding UConn?

This is my biggest fear. The ACC just saw a founding member leave over a football issue. Do they want to risk losing their only two major football teams by adding UConn? Unfortunately it's all about the here and now and UConn looks horrible in football. I really worry that FSU will force the ACC hand. Football drives the revenue bus....

The sad reality is that Charlie Strong is probably gone after this season and Louisville can easily regress to their selves of two seasons ago. So it's sad that this could be the driving factor when UConn offers more.

Reaction Score

Out of curiosity, why do you think you know something that FSU doesn't know?

Reaction Score
Would those two have enough influence? Wanting to strengthen football base and committ to remaining?

A number of things going on I'm sure.

If FSU and Clemson are planning to go to the Big 12 the addition of Louisville is not going to stop them. The ACC has to do what's best for the ACC and in my opinion that is UConn and it's really not close. Ville fills a short term football desire but again if the Big 12 comes calling, FSU and Clemson are not going to say "no we're staying now because the conference added Louisville."

Reaction Score

Maryland left because in 3 years the B10 will be making $30m per while the ACC will be making $17m per.

This is why Maryland left.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Maryland didn't leave because ACC football is down, it left for a financial life raft.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, why do you think you know something that FSU doesn't know?
Huh? Sorry you lost me on this one...what did I say I that I know?

Reaction Score
If FSU and Clemson are planning to go to the Big 12 the addition of Louisville is not going to stop them. The ACC has to do what's best for the ACC and in my opinion that is UConn and it's really not close. Ville fills a short term football desire but again if the Big 12 comes calling, FSU and Clemson are not going to say "no we're staying now because the conference added Louisville."
Bingo!

Reaction Score
Huh? Sorry you lost me on this one...what did I say I that I know?

That Strong is likely to leave soon and they might just as easily become LV under Kragthorpe as LV under Strong.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Why would they choose Louisville if they are upgrading football? It would seem like Boise would be the choice if that is driving factor. Louisville isnt better than uconn since Petrino left.

Uconn is in decent shape for this right now, and Louisville doesn't beat UConn on any level.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Any conference small-minded enough to make a decision on which school to invite based on one given year's football records is not a conference worth joining. I do not believe the ACC will invite Louisville because they have won more games this year. If Louisville is invited it will be because they will bring more money to the league than UConn.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
That Strong is likely to leave soon and they might just as easily become LV under Kragthorpe as LV under Strong.

Gotcha. Thanks. I think it's a strong possibility of happening though. He seems to be at the top of a lot of rumor mill lists for positions like Arkansas and now Tennessee.

Reaction Score
Gotcha. Thanks. I think it's a strong possibility of happening though. He seems to be at the top of a lot of rumor mill lists for positions like Arkansas and now Tennessee.

I agree with you. My point is only that if you and I know that there is not a big difference between UConn and LV as football programs, as opposed to as 2012 football teams, there is no reason to think FSU can't draw the same conclusion.

Reaction Score
I agree with you. My point is only that if you and I know that there is not a big difference between UConn and LV as football programs, as opposed to as 2012 football teams, there is no reason to think FSU can't draw the same conclusion.

Conference realignment seems quite shortsignted at times.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
FSU trustee says Noles will "stay the course"

Here is the guy who raised hell after Pitt / Cuse last year, now he's more neutral sounding:

Haggard said he's "heard the rumor" about Connecticut replacing Maryland but hasn't thought about which schools should be candidates or how that addition would impact Florida State's thinking.
"I think it needs to be explored," Haggard said. "(ACC commissioner) John Swofford is going to explore all those avenues."

Reaction Score

UofL was a top 10 team before they joined the BE. IF you look at their last 20-30 years it's pretty ridiculous to use the Kragthorpe era as a baseline for their success. That being said I can't imagine adding Louisville over UConn would placate anybody. Does anyone really think FSU or Clemson would change their decision to leave based n whether the ACC adds UConn or UofL? I doubt it. Maybe they'd prefer one over the other, but it's not a deal maker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom