Worsterest Layupers Ever | The Boneyard

Worsterest Layupers Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll JA mistakes over inept Gibbs going to basket....Gibbs is a jump shooter period. JA needs the ball in hands period.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
FWIW one of Gibbs' breakaway misses was definitely a goaltend. Cinci knocked it out of the rim

Reaction Score
Gibbs had a 3 on 1 to take the lead and takes it himself, love the guy but he doesn't finish lay ups give it up dammit. To top it off he uses the RH from the left side doesn't get his body int he way of the defender. Kidding me did they just start learning how to play?

Killed on the boards, letting them push them around Miller was tough underneath that's it. Better change soon!

Reaction Score
its because he has small hands, he cannot control the ball. Gibbs is just small and weak.

honestly, never watching Purvis or Gibbs play again will make for much more enjoyable Uconn games. Probably my two least favorite starting players of the last 30 years.

Reaction Score
That last play perfectly summarizes Rodney purvis. He misses a very slightly contested layup and then it leads to a wide open three the other way (think it was his man).

Instead of down 4 it's 9. That's Rodney. Tries hard. Puts up stats. Great team mate. But he's just jinxed. Those plays happen all the time to him and they constantly kill us.

Reaction Score
Purvis's drive me crazy throws off our defensive floor balance every time

Reaction Score
its because he has small hands, he cannot control the ball. Gibbs is just small and weak.

honestly, never watching Purvis or Gibbs play again will make for much more enjoyable Uconn games. Probably my two least favorite starting players of the last 30 years.

Purvis doesn't lose control while driving that much, he's just completely SOFT about finishing, or even taking contact.

Reaction Score
Purvis doesn't lose control while driving that much, he's just completely SOFT about finishing, or even taking contact.
Early in the season Purvis did draw a lot of contact in the lane, but drew few whistles. I think he has since fallen in love with the 3 a little too much. Also, when in the half-court, their big men have no idea to open a lane for a driving guard.

Reaction Score
Purvis drives like he's playing football. Head down until he gets to the goal line.

The rim is up not down though.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The layups very well could have been the difference in this game
I could see if this was an isolated game but this has happened so many times this year
I dont' recall any other team missing so many easy shots so close to the rim.
I am perplexed - do they not know that using the glass can be effective?

Reaction Score
We've been missing layups all season but I've never seen anything like today. I seriously think we missed at least 12 layups.

Reaction Score
My theory is they probably just drive hard to the hoop and toss up a wild shot hoping to draw a foul. Many times they are way to out of control

Reaction Score
We've been missing layups all season but I've never seen anything like today. I seriously think we missed at least 12 layups.

I am beginning to wonder if some of these guys have vertigo, with their continued inability to convert layups

Reaction Score
My theory is they probably just drive hard to the hoop and toss up a wild shot hoping to draw a foul. Many times they are way to out of control
Ironically and confusingly we have 3 Coaches who were guards. Something ain't right I tell you, especially since its not getting fixed.

Reaction Score
I am beginning to wonder if some of these guys have vertigo, with their continued inability to convert layups
A loss combined with post loss Boneyard causes vertigo.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Ironically and confusingly we have 3 Coaches who were guards. Something ain't right I tell you, especially since its not getting fixed.
Absolutely, what is not right is that we have players overall or talented but have gaping holes in their game. Unfortunately, these holes are negatively synergistic and it is very hard to figure out a scheme that will work. Cincy had an outstanding defense of play against us today. When the zebras tagged extra fouls onto Amida and Shonn it just made everything that much worse

Reaction Score
As a team, we haven't missed this many layups in one season since Jeff Adrien did it all by himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom