Word on the street: the Big East's inital offers are out... | The Boneyard

Word on the street: the Big East's inital offers are out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Per Disney, conditional offers have been sent to Boise AFA, SMU and Houston - if they all say yes, the Big East will immediately agree to a $10M exit fee. A separate offer has been sent to UCF with no exit-fee tie in.

White-knuckle time, folks...

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Per Disney, conditional offers have been sent to Boise AFA, SMU and Houston - if they all say yes, the Big East will immediately agree to a $10M exit fee. A separate offer has been sent to UCF with no exit-fee tie in.

White-knuckle time, folks...

Boise and Air Force have already said no; Navy's not too excited and nothing's been heard yet from Houston and SMU. Only UCF has agreed. Another nice move from the brain dead morons in Providence. You invite schools you know ahead of time will accept after talking with them behind the scenes. All the rejections only serve to solidify what everybody ought to face up to. The Big East is dead as a football conference.

Nice going, Marinatto. You'll need a shovel to scrape the egg off your face.

Reaction Score
Boise and Air Force have already said no; Navy's not too excited and nothing's been heard yet from Houston and SMU. Only UCF has agreed. Another nice move from the brain dead morons in Providence. You invite schools you know ahead of time will accept after talking with them behind the scenes. All the rejections only serve to solidify what everybody ought to face up to. The Big East is dead as a football conference.

I highly doubt if any of it is true. BE can't even put out an invite until Monday night due to conference law of 72 hours wait period. There is no way Houston and SMU would turn down a BCS bid. I highly doubt Boise would too. Air Force already said they are coming so what has changed? Army? I highly doubt it. Army tried the conference route and they got killed so I don't blame them for not coming. Navy and Air Force are a lot more competitive with the big boys than Army over the years.

Reaction Score
Don't doubt those academies sticking together on things. If Navy and Army are balking, I could definitely see AFA doing the same.

Reaction Score
Acknowledging conference realignment rumors are rampant, Disney's obviously based in Orlando and owns ESPN. Why would BE football schools agree to a big jump in exit fees, but extend an offer "... to UCF with no exit-fee tie in"? Consistent? No entry fee seems more realistic.

Reaction Score
Don't doubt those academies sticking together on things. If Navy and Army are balking, I could definitely see AFA doing the same.

Army isn't even part of the picture. They already said years ago that they would have a difficult time competing in a BCS conf. and already lose potential recruits to the AFA and Navy due to their more rigid training and chances of actual war time service.

Also...as of noon today, no offers have been sent out.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
I think the whole thing's legit.

The $10 mil won't stop a team from leaving and has the short term effect of stabilizing the league.

Remember the contract comes up next November. These teams want in and are still kicking the tires.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
The Washington Examiner (nope, never heard of 'em either) is reporting that letters of invitation were sent out.

Who really knows anymore?....

Reaction Score

If you go to Boise State's message board, you'll find that there is no mention of rejecting the BE offer. They're blaming ESPN for a smear campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom