word on the street is that LSU is interviewing Jamie Dixon tonight | The Boneyard

word on the street is that LSU is interviewing Jamie Dixon tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Any chance he'd leave Pitt? I wouldn't think so at first thought, but LSU is willing to pay probably $2 million. Anyone know if he'd have any reason to leave Pitt? I think it is a homerun if they can get him (I am an LSU fan as well, which is why I care).

Apparently Dixon is THE target (his wife went to LSU I believe). After that it is Pastenr (Memphis), Amaker, and Johnny Jones (from North Texas, former LSU assistant).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Any chance he'd leave Pitt? I wouldn't think so at first thought, but LSU is willing to pay probably $2 million. Anyone know if he'd have any reason to leave Pitt? I think it is a homerun if they can get him (I am an LSU fan as well, which is why I care).

Don't know but if it does and Arkansas takes Boeheim my day will be complete.

Reaction Score
I hope so. F Pitt. I hope they get killed in the ACC and go to mediocrity.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
He turned down Oregon and their Nike money before.

He also turned down TCU, which is his alma mater. That is why I am surprised there would be any interest even.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
He made all of those decisions before it was known that Pitt was leaving the Big East for the ACC. Pitt has made their name in the last few years by getting some Northeastern recruits. Maybe he realizes that he will have a lot tougher time recruiting the key Northeast recruiting scene with Pitt in the ACC versus the Big East. Get out now while the gettin' is good!

Reaction Score
+1 Pitt will just be another middle of the road team in a few years. Prior to the BE Pitt was nothing and going to the ACC was not good for BB. Recruiting will surely take a hit. I agree get out now.

Reaction Score
neither boeheim or dixon want any part of the acc. it would make sense for dixon to get out now and boeheim to retire at the end of next year.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I would be surprised - seriously surprised.

There's one good job at LSU and Les Miles has it.

I don't think Dixon will be at Pitt in three seasons, but I would be stunned if he left for a job like LSU. He's a guy that every school with an opening pings, but he can sit tight for one that he might really want - he's got leverage.

Reaction Score
LSU is a bottom feeder in the SEC now. Tough to move up with the teams that are around now...especially with the additions of Texas A&M and Mizzou.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i hope pastner stays at memphis and can build that team and recruit to the big east level

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
I would be surprised - seriously surprised.

There's one good job at LSU and Les Miles has it.

I don't think Dixon will be at Pitt in three seasons, but I would be stunned if he left for a job like LSU. He's a guy that every school with an opening pings, but he can sit tight for one that he might really want - he's got leverage.

I think any realistic LSU fans agrees with this. I am surprised if he actually even interviews. However, they did just finish building a $15 million basketball facility and would likely be willing to pony up about $2 million per year. I still don't see Dixon going, but would be ecstatic if it happened.

Reaction Score
If he is interviewing then you would have to at least acknowledge that he is considering it. I would agree that LSU isn't the job that I pictured Dixon leaving Pitt for, but given that he has turned down multiple offers in the past you would have to think that the move to the ACC has caused him to start considering other options.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If dixon goes somewhere I would LMFAO. Pitt would be BCU Jr. very quickly. Then Cuse will be the 3rd child in the red head clan once JB retires.

You can't help but notice how the SEC is trying to build its bball league back up quickly from this bit of a drop the past 5 years. Yes UK is great but FL/Bama are back, Mizzu is coming in, USCe gets Frank and now maybe LSU is going for a big fish. Aurburn stinks but they invested in a brand new building recently. Tenn is coming back to life quickly.

Reaction Score
If dixon goes somewhere I would LMFAO. Pitt would be BCU Jr. very quickly. Then Cuse will be the 3rd child in the red head clan once JB retires.

You can't help but notice how the SEC is trying to build its bball league back up quickly from this bit of a drop the past 5 years. Yes UK is great but FL/Bama are back, Mizzu is coming in, USCe gets Frank and now maybe LSU is going for a big fish. Aurburn stinks but they invested in a brand new building recently. Tenn is coming back to life quickly.
Yup, those rednecks seem to have plenty of walkin' around money. Must be nice to be in a growth area.

Reaction Score
Imagine if dixon left and steven adams left pitt and came to UConn! That would be sick!

Reaction Score
they are coming off a tough year, and I have to think it will be a tough year for recruiting at Pitt given what is going on there (over 55 bomb threats in a month that have shut down clsses, disrupted campus life in a huge way, need ids and to go through security to enter any building...kind of hard to sell a school to recruits when it feels like going to the airport just to get breakfast). His value suddenly goes way down if Pitt is back to the CBI next year, too.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Is dixon the one doing the bomb threats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom