Wonderful Mike DiMauro column on Heather Buck | The Boneyard

Wonderful Mike DiMauro column on Heather Buck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
That is one of the finest writing I have ever read by a regional sports columnist. About one of the finest student-athletes to ever lace on a pair of sneakers in a Gampel locker room.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Nah, that couldn't be DiMauro. I remember him. He's the no talent hack that Boneyarders love to hate.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
A very moving article. Must read.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Posted on the men's board, of all places, in a typically sarcastic manner but it's a great article and worth a read.....if this has been posted here already, would one of the moderators please delete it?..Thank you.

http://www.theday.com/article/20130224/SPORT01/302249922

I say don't delete it. something like this written for kid as wonderful as Heather should be posted at least twice.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I anted to read this but found I had to register to get the article. Is it available elsewhere?

Reaction Score
I anted to read this but found I had to register to get the article. Is it available elsewhere?
Try again in March. They give unregistered access to 10 premium articles per month.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I've registered and never get any spam from them... so register and read.

Reaction Score
The post on the men's board actually wasn't sarcastic. DrewDog is either Mrs. DiMauro, or someone who perhaps walks the DiMauro family pets every day at a grossly-inflated hourly rate.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
The post on the men's board actually wasn't sarcastic. DrewDog is either Mrs. DiMauro, or someone who perhaps walks the DiMauro family pets every day at a grossly-inflated hourly rate.

Wait... was that sarcasm?

Reaction Score
It 's sad to think about the numbe of people on the board who took shots at Heather because she didn't live up to thier expectations.

Obviously she lived up to her own expectation.

Reaction Score
Mikey is the Greatest !! This was a perfect recap of Heathers career at Uconn.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Agreed. :)

It was an ok article. Wasn't all that though.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
It 's sad to think about the numbe of people on the board who took shots at Heather because she didn't live up to thier expectations.

Obviously she lived up to her own expectation.

A failing of this board from time to time... for just a handful of posters

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

HGN

Reaction Score
I thought DiMauro wrote a great piece........On a great person, Heather Buck. Its great to see a young lady hang in there for five(5) years and give it all she's got. Never whimper , never complain , and cheer her teammates on. That's what good teammates and great people do. Be happy for the other's even when its not you.
Sure , she could have gone somewhere else , or transferred , but that is not who Heather Buck is.

Thanks for a great story DiMauro on a great player and person.

Reaction Score
Heather's contribution to the team can never be summed up in a single written page. Many will scoff at that statement but it absolutely true. She has been a selfless contributor for 5 years. Hers was a tough role to happily fill but she did it with class. Thanks Heather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom