Women's Basketball Hall of Fame | The Boneyard

Women's Basketball Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't know how many of your have been to the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame in Knoxville, but I have been on several occasions and really think it is a unique facility. As we all know Jenn Rizzotti will be inducted this year. I had hoped to attend the ceremony (since I am just a hop, skip and a jump over the mountains into North Carolina from Knoxville), but will not be able to make it this year.

I recently inquired with them how nominations for induction are done and more importantly who can nominate. There are qualifications for inductees to meet before being eligible for induction, but all it takes is for someone to complete a simple form and mail it in. And best of all, anyone can make the nomination!

I have been pondering (but wanted to get some feedback) on nominating Chris Dailey. She has had ample contributions to the sport and I feel she deserves to be recognized. Just curious to see what y'all would think.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think that is a great idea. I am not sure what her chances would be as she would probably be the first non-head coach to get consideration and while she had a very good playing career it was not worthy of induction on its own. If she even made it onto a ballot it would be great and it would make people really think about criteria for selection.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I think that is a great idea. I am not sure what her chances would be as she would probably be the first non-head coach to get consideration and while she had a very good playing career it was not worthy of induction on its own. If she even made it onto a ballot it would be great and it would make people really think about criteria for selection.
Nothing wrong with the idea, although I too think it would be a long shot for a career assistant coach. Still, that is a very important, and often unrecognized, position. Chris' playing career was not individually memorable, although she was on a very good team for its time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom