Wolfpack Extend Agreement to Stay in Hartford | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wolfpack Extend Agreement to Stay in Hartford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know you live in NY, so excuse my ignorance if this doesn't make complete sense, but Dolan does own newsday right? He's been trying to promote the rangers on LI and squash the isles for years correct? I know it would piss LI off, but i could really see the Wolfpack move down to the renovated NVMC and BST stays in Bridgeport. Just a guess...
Or like the article suggests, no AHL, and just Long Island nets while maybe Devils move to Hartford and pack to Albany. (Finally went to times Union in Albany for regionals. not a bad place, plus it had a dinosaur BBQ stand
Dolan does own Newsday BUT Ratner is doing the Nassau Coliseum renovation...he was also the one who got Wang to come to his new shiny arena in Brooklyn that he didn't make for hockey. Wang putting the Sound Tigers out on LI will help their attendance. Dolan is also about $$ and maximizing his market. Otherwise he would try and put his Knicks D League team in that place instead of White Plains where they play now. The Devils moving to Hartford would be interesting though. That arena in Newark is a great place to watch a hockey game. Too bad it's in Newark and not out at the Meadow Lands.

Reaction Score
That arena in Newark is a great place to watch a hockey game. Too bad it's in Newark and not out at the Meadow Lands.

The Rock is a good arena as I have been there for NHL games (easier to get tickets for Ranger games there than MSG), UConn (v Seton Hall) and some family events. Its easy to get to both by car any by public transit (PATH and NJT) and I have never felt unsafe, even when getting out at 10 PM after a game. Now, I wouldn't go wandering too far away from the corridor between the Rock and Newark Penn Station and downtown Newark after 6 PM on most nights is like downtown Hartford after 6 PM; but, I like it better than the Meadowlands.

Reaction Score
Note sure if this may shake things up for Hartford; but, after spending $34 million in public funds to spruce up their arena, the Portland Pirates have been sold and are moving to Springfield MA to replace the Falcons who were moved by the AHL to Tuscon to be close to their parent team in Phoenix (irony would be if Phoenix moved to Quebec in a year or two).

Portland Pirates hockey franchise leaving Portland

The Pirates have not drawn well since the debacle around the arena's renovation; but, its a good hockey town. A nice city than Springfield and a far better fan base than Tuscon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom