Woj: Lakers fire Byron Scott, KO possible replacement | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Woj: Lakers fire Byron Scott, KO possible replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
"It" in this case is the opposite of what you want to do. "It" is not letting the program go a full season without a coach who has an extended contract. You want to do the opposite of that.

The mistake was not doing "it" sooner.

You want that mistake to be the thing they do.
Who our there presently deserves a long term deal, of which we could conceivably get? I'm not saying it's good to have a coach on a one year deal, but I'd rather put a band-aid on the issue, so we can properly solve it next off season. Until someone names someone, you have no better solution than I.

Reaction Score
Who our there presently deserves a long term deal, of which we could conceivably get? I'm not saying it's good to have a coach on a one year deal, but I'd rather put a band-aid on the issue, so we can properly solve it next off season. Until someone names someone, you have no better solution than I.

We don't know who would be available. Just because everyone good currently has a job doesn't mean you couldn't lure them. To suggest that that's impossible and we should instead do something that would be a clear sign of instability doesn't strike me as a good idea.

Sure, I can't tell you who would come take the job, but that doesn't mean I'm going to agree that we should say "just hire Calhoun for a year because I don't know who we can get."

Reaction Score
Who's available right now? Give me a name you'd hand a long term deal. It's the same situation.

It's not even close to the same situation. If Ollie left tomorrow, we'd be able to have a pretty typical coaching search.

There's a huge difference between April and September. It was just a couple weeks ago that the carousel started turning again when Ga Tech took Pastner.

Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie's name was always going to be mentioned in relation to the opening with the Los Angeles Lakers because he's A) from there, B) tight with free-agent-to-be Kevin Durant, and C) a logical candidate for any NBA job. And there's some obvious interest from both sides. But, at this point, there have been zero conversations between the two sides, I'm told.

Inside College Hoops: How WKU's Rick Stansbury recharged his batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69