WNBA: Katie Douglas Retires | The Boneyard

WNBA: Katie Douglas Retires

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Truly a great player. This is not a big surprise. The back was a major issue last year despite KT's attempts to play through it. I did not think it would hold up this year.

It will all be on Allie, Alex, Chesley and Jasmine now. A pretty good group in need of a leader. Who will step up? Does this help Kelly keep a spot?

psconn

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Chiney will occupy a roster spot this season? The math seems to be running against Kelly. Best of luck to her. She's clearly on the bubble.

Reaction Score
Chiney will take a roster spot I believe.

I don't think this impacts Kelly's position at all. The four you mentioned, plus Stricklen, McCray, and now Simmons are all in camp too.

Reaction Score
I think I remember her from "My Three Sons"
No that was the Beverly Hillbillys and it was her sister Donna.
All kidding aside, I liked watching MS Douglas--tough competitor, great at whatever she did. It's important for KT and everyone else to know when enough is enough. You always think I don't have enough to retire or I can make it one more year. When you feel it's more work than pleasure (in every job) it's time to quit/retire/move on!! Smart move from a smart lady.

Reaction Score
No that was the Beverly Hillbillys and it was her sister Donna.
All kidding aside, I liked watching MS Douglas--tough competitor, great at whatever she did. It's important for KT and everyone else to know when enough is enough. You always think I don't have enough to retire or I can make it one more year. When you feel it's more work than pleasure (in every job) it's time to quit/retire/move on!! Smart move from a smart lady.

Actually, at the risk of proving myself old, Katie married Robbie Douglas on My Three Sons. Ernie and Chip weren't as lucky.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Chiney will occupy a roster spot this season? The math seems to be running against Kelly. Best of luck to her. She's clearly on the bubble.
I loved Kelly Faris at UConn she was the ultimate teammate and one who'd never let her coach or team down. The Pro's are different--and the difference is being paid---expectation get so much larger. I hope Kelly finds a great Assistant job in WBB, on the court she has nothing left to prove to the world or herself.

Reaction Score
Actually, at the risk of proving myself old, Katie married Robbie Douglas on My Three Sons. Ernie and Chip weren't as lucky.
I'd like to pretend I don't know what you are talking about, but my favorite on the show was William Demerest (I'm not sure if he was Uncle Charley because he always played William Demerest).

Reaction Score
Ya my favorite as well..... he was always adding spice to the show... and to think he never would have joined the show if William Frawley hadn't fallen upon ill health.

Reaction Score
I don't believe Chiney is expected to be available to play at any time this season. My understanding would be that The Sun can place her on Suspended List where she's not allowed to appear at all, which she won't, and otherwise fill that roster slot.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Truly a great player. This is not a big surprise. The back was a major issue last year despite KT's attempts to play through it. I did not think it would hold up this year.

It will all be on Allie, Alex, Chesley and Jasmine now. A pretty good group in need of a leader. Who will step up? Does this help Kelly keep a spot?

Chelsea

psconn

Reaction Score
Chelsea

Ugh. I know how to spell her name but my "smart" phone didn't like "Chelsea". What the heck is a Chesley? ?

As a Duke fan, maybe you can assess Chelsea's chances of being a top tier guard in the W for me? She didn't look great against UCONN as I recall but that's just one game against a really good defense that was very focused on her.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Ugh. I know how to spell her name but my "smart" phone didn't like "Chelsea". What the heck is a Chesley? ?

Hmmm... Urban Dictionary: A worldly female, defined by her sense of individuality and style.

Reaction Score
I don't believe Chiney is expected to be available to play at any time this season. My understanding would be that The Sun can place her on Suspended List where she's not allowed to appear at all, which she won't, and otherwise fill that roster slot.
I thought they had said it was possible that she returns in July. I'm hoping she plays this year.

psconn

Reaction Score
Hmmm... Urban Dictionary: A worldly female, defined by her sense of individuality and style.

A compliment then! Maybe that phone is smarter than I thought. :rolleyes:

Edit: "Individuality" in a team context, I'm sure.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Back to Katie ... she was a clutch shooter and won championships with Purdue and the Fever in her home state, plus she got to play for the great fans in Connecticut. Nice career!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
people really use UD as a resource for information...

(slang words can be interpreted 10, 000 ways from "hood to hood", "city to city" and "state to state")

Reaction Score
Never, ever, ever gave less than everything on the court. A great pro! Will miss you Katie, thanks for everything!

I agree. She is one of my all-time favorite WNBA players. Heck she was even BA in college hooping it up for Purdue. Katie, thanks for everything and you will be missed. One of the underrated players of the WNBA.

Reaction Score
Back to Katie ... she was a clutch shooter and won championships with Purdue and the Fever in her home state, plus she got to play for the great fans in Connecticut. Nice career!
I would like to see KT as the next Sun coach. I think she would do very well.

Reaction Score
Chiney will take a roster spot I believe.

I don't think this impacts Kelly's position at all. The four you mentioned, plus Stricklen, McCray, and now Simmons are all in camp too.
Kelly was in the right place at the right time and it got her drafted in the first round by a coach who loved her in college. The talent level has passed Kelly by. She will not be on this team this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom