WNBA draft: you are the GM of Tulsa | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WNBA draft: you are the GM of Tulsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Part of Cambage's issue is that she doesn't seem like a great teammate. I've seen her live on a couple of occasions, and her body language is worse than any professional athlete I've ever seen. Someone should try the Jeff Walz "film her and show her just how bad it is" tactic because if I were a teammate of hers, I'd despise playing with her. Yes, when you're 6'8" and have good post position, you should get the ball, but being shown up every time you don't get it to her would get old fast. Maturity may come with age, but then again, maybe it won't. I think you know what you're getting with Griner, and I sign up for that every time and twice on Sundays if I have the opportunity to add her to my team.

I don't think you have enough "inside" knowledge of her or the teams she plays on to make that statement. Your assessment of her body language isn't a science. I've also seen her look like she's having a hell of good time on the court. So which is it?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Part of Cambage's issue is that she doesn't seem like a great teammate. I've seen her live on a couple of occasions, and her body language is worse than any professional athlete I've ever seen. Someone should try the Jeff Walz "film her and show her just how bad it is" tactic because if I were a teammate of hers, I'd despise playing with her. Yes, when you're 6'8" and have good post position, you should get the ball, but being shown up every time you don't get it to her would get old fast. Maturity may come with age, but then again, maybe it won't. I think you know what you're getting with Griner, and I sign up for that every time and twice on Sundays if I have the opportunity to add her to my team.

I watched some of Tulsa's games and was stunned at how often the guards looked off Cambage when she had established position. That is the coach's fault and had I been Cambage I would have gotten in some grills and yelled "GIVE ME THE BALL!!". If Ihaul my big body down and fight for position you better darn well throw me the ball.

I've seen the same with Griner and the Baylor guards. There are times when BG has sealed off her defender and the guard don't immediately get the ball to her. Then at the half they interview KM and she says "we need to get Griner more touches."

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I don't think you have enough "inside" knowledge of her or the teams she plays on to make that statement. Your assessment of her body language isn't a science. I've also seen her look like she's having a hell of good time on the court. So which is it?
Not a science, no. But eye rolling, shoulder dropping, glaring, and tsks of disgust are not hard to interpret. Again, I've never seen anything that bad in a professional athlete. I was courtside in both occasions, so what I was seeing was up close and very clear.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not a science, no. But eye rolling, shoulder dropping, glaring, and tsks of disgust are not hard to interpret. Again, I've never seen anything that bad in a professional athlete. I was courtside in both occasions, so what I was seeing was up close and very clear.

You obviously never watched Terrell Owens play if you've never seen anything that bad in professional sports.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Facial expressions do not make a player a bad teammate. Not passing to the best player on the team makes a player a bad teammate.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Would EDD want to play in Tulsa? I don't mean to insult Tulsa, but that is just not a place many players would choose to play.

She's said that she'll play where ever she's drafted. And she's from Delaware, which is small also. So I don't think she'd be shell-shocked by it.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She's said that she'll play where ever she's drafted. And she's from Delaware, which is small also. So I don't think she'd be shell-shocked by it.

Delaware may be small, but it's nothing like Oklahoma. It's not the size that I was referring to as much as the fact that's it's "Tulsa, OK." I went there...once.

As Rosanne Barr once said about Tulsa, "that's a colorful town...brown and yellow."

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Would EDD want to play in Tulsa? I don't mean to insult Tulsa, but that is just not a place many players would choose to play.
EDD has said that she is ready to play anywhere in the WNBA.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I never thought I would have a chance to tie Roseanne Barr, Tulsa and WBB together.

The WNBA is less of a time commitment than WCBB. She can play yet not have it dominate her time year-round.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Facial expressions do not make a player a bad teammate. Not passing to the best player on the team makes a player a bad teammate.
I think that Alex is pointing out that it's far more than facial expressions. Yet again a chance for you to be contrary for no apparent reason.

Also he actually said "she doesn't seem like a great teammate". That's a far cry from you attributing "bad teammate" to his comments.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of Cambage, personally.
Got to go with Griner. She's a rare find. Cambage may very well be a Chinese citizen by time the draft comes around (snicker), so it may be a moot point. As far as getting EDD, that would be like Lebron joining Wade and Bosh (drool).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
He is, also, older and with more life experience.
We'll see. I'd have a very long sit down with her before I would draft her if I was a GM. Just sayin'.

HGN

Reaction Score
Griner, undoubtedly will be the No.1 pick in the WNBA Draft. No matter who winds the Lottery. And she will probably play happily for whichever teams drafts her. However , that cannot be said for EDD. Based upon her past history , EDD may want to stay close to her home State of Delaware. This lends itself to the New York Liberty and/or the Washington Mystics.

So buyer (Lottery team) beware.:)

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Griner, undoubtedly will be the No.1 pick in the WNBA Draft. No matter who winds the Lottery. And she will probably play happily for whichever teams drafts her. However , that cannot be said for EDD. Based upon her past history , EDD may want to stay close to her home State of Delaware. This lends itself to the New York Liberty and/or the Washington Mystics.

So buyer (Lottery team) beware.:)

I can't believe people are still going with that. She was a teenager for crying out loud. She's almost 23 years old, and if she said she'll go wherever she's drafted, and she'll be able to play away from her sister, then I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. She also said that she won't able overseas, which if I'm a WNBA team I'd think that's a plus. She'll be fresh every season.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

You might be a WBBGuru, but we will never find out unless you learn how to post...lol.

Reaction Score
My wife works with Piedmont Healthcare, a hospital group here in Atlanta. The nephew of the CEO just came to work in her strategy group...very nice young man...6'-4"...from Delaware. Guess who his prom date was in high school...EDD! He confirms...she is the nicest person and does love her sister dearly.

Of course my wife is trying to fix him up already...going fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom