WNBA Draft Lottery Wednesday, Sept. 26, 6:00 PM, ET | The Boneyard

WNBA Draft Lottery Wednesday, Sept. 26, 6:00 PM, ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Pulling hard for Tulsa to get #1. They have had hard luck in the lottery, been dissed by their "star" and through it all played to win every time out. BG would be a regional draw (not that she needs a regional slant to put fannies in the seats).
Conversely Phoenix tanked their season and deserves no better than the 4th pick.
EDD to Washington.
Skyler to Chicago.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I agree. I hope Phx ends up 4th. I have no respect for the organization after tanking like they did. Would be hard for me to see BG end up there.

I'm hoping BG lands in DC. I would love to have BG and RGIII in the same city.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Pulling hard for Tulsa to get #1. They have had hard luck in the lottery, been dissed by their "star" and through it all played to win every time out. BG would be a regional draw (not that she needs a regional slant to put fannies in the seats).
Conversely Phoenix tanked their season and deserves no better than the 4th pick.
EDD to Washington.
Skyler to Chicago.
Interesting. Britney, Elena, and Skylar all could go to the team nearest their home/college.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Definitely hoping that BG lands in Tulsa and the Shock trade Cambage for either a draft pick or an explosive wing who can hit the 3 and play in/out. Glory is a keeper at the 4 spot and they have some very dynamic guards.

Also hoping that EDD ends up in DC. Just score, baby!

If Skylar goes to Chicago, would they trade 'Sloot? I think maybe so, because Diggins has both the ability and the mentality to be a great point in the W and EPiph is already an all-star at the 2. Maybe a team like the Sparks would be interested in Courtney and would part with either Lavender or Anosike. L.A. is loaded with talent and they have needed a real PG distributor for a long time. Toliver could play the 2, Beard could slide to the wing, CP3 at the 4 and either JL or NA at the 5. Sloot may not be an elite PG (at least not yet) but it can take time to develop at the next level, especially at the point, and she has some special abilities. With so much talent around her on a team like L.A., she might really be a great addition to the mix. IF it were to happen ---who knows.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think Tulsa would be great for Griner. This team played hard and lost close games. Getting Griner they would be a playoff team.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Definitely hoping that BG lands in Tulsa and the Shock trade Cambage for either a draft pick or an explosive wing who can hit the 3 and play in/out. Glory is a keeper at the 4 spot and they have some very dynamic guards.

If Skylar goes to Chicago, would they trade 'Sloot? I think maybe so, because Diggins has both the ability and the mentality to be a great point in the W and EPiph is already an all-star at the 2. Maybe a team like the Sparks would be interested in Courtney and would part with either Lavender or Anosike. L.A. is loaded with talent and they have needed a real PG distributor for a long time. Toliver could play the 2, Beard could slide to the wing, CP3 at the 4 and either JL or NA at the 5. Sloot may not be an elite PG (at least not yet) but it can take time to develop at the next level, especially at the point, and she has some special abilities. With so much talent around her on a team like L.A., she might really be a great addition to the mix. IF it were to happen ---who knows.

What happened to Nneka? Did you mean NO instead of NA?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
What happened to Nneka? Did you mean NO instead of NA?

Didn't mean to leave out Nneka - I was just thinking about who would play where if Vandersloot was PG. Nneka will surely play starters' minutes or close to it from here on out. If they did bring in 'Sloot, I think people would slide to the positions I mentioned.

Also I didn't mention Nneka in the conversation as a possible trade-back for Courtney, cuz Nneka ain't going anywhere! Anosike might be the best one to move, since they list Lavender as a "C" not a "F/C" and they are loaded at forward. Also, the Sky would be more interested in someone who can be a strong rebounding forward alongside Big Syl, not another real center.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Did I just miss it? What station is carrying the draft lottery? NBA TV????

HGN

Reaction Score
Here's hoping , and praying , that BG ends up in DC........With 5 wins this year, and 6 last year , they need all the Big Game help they can get. They fired their coach and General manager yesterday. Two (2) years too late if you ask me. She should never have been hired. So my prayers are going up for the Mystics to land the No.1 Draft pick , BG.

And besides , having 2 Big Time , Big Game Baylor stars ( RGIII and BG) in the same city could add some real excitement.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm rooting for Phx to get the #1 pick. And i'd like to see Chicago get the #2 pick. but as we all know, Washington has the best shot to get the #1 pick, and Tulsa is way overdue... Still, it would be great to see BG getting to play alongside the best player in the world. There's a ton DT could teach her...

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Here's hoping , and praying , that BG ends up in DC........With 5 wins this year, and 6 last year , they need all the Big Game help they can get. They fired their coach and General manager yesterday. Two (2) years too late if you ask me. She should never have been hired. So my prayers are going up for the Mystics to land the No.1 Draft pick , BG.

And besides , having 2 Big Time , Big Game Baylor stars ( RGIII and BG) in the same city could add some real excitement.

This is my wish. I truly do not want to see her in Tulsa or Phoenix. Chicago would certainly make for an interesting lineup if the Sky decided to keep Big Syl and go with the twin towers format. That would be fun to watch!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Carolyn Peck had a tweet that said Draft will be at 6:30

Reaction Score
I'm rooting for Phx to get the #1 pick. And i'd like to see Chicago get the #2 pick. but as we all know, Washington has the best shot to get the #1 pick, and Tulsa is way overdue... Still, it would be great to see BG getting to play alongside the best player in the world. There's a ton DT could teach her...

Eric,
Good call!! Can you now tell me what the winning powerball numbers will be?!

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Phoenix it is. Peck thinks EDD is a better fit for Phx than BG.
Again, Peck show why she shouldn't be analyzing games. If BG was a plodder, I would agree. However, that girls can get up the floor with anyone...she'd be a great fit anywhere.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Again, Peck show why she shouldn't be analyzing games. If BG was a plodder, I would agree. However, that girls can get up the floor with anyone...she'd be a great fit anywhere.

I agree. BG is not slow; she will fit into any system. If Phoenix passes on BG someone will lose a job soon after.

Watch for BG to have a dunk fest in that system.

Reaction Score
I'm loving this, if only because it has the DT-haters in a frenzy. Players that can move the ball like DT, Prahalis and Taylor out there with BG, that is going to be a joy to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom