WNBA 2024 May 2024 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

WNBA 2024 May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Nika is going to make the team. Interesting trade

Good for Nika, I think she has good potential as a backup PG. Has there ever been a UCONN player who was drafted and didn't make opening day roster? Players like Shea Ralph/Christyn Williams excluded since they were injured. Off the top of my head, Evina Westbrook is the only one who was waived during training camp, though she later was picked up by another team.

Reaction Score

Why'd they wave so many people. Maybe they like some players on some other rosters.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
So who’s next?
W is reportedly considering getting back to 16 by 2028. That seems a bit aggressive and quick, but then again the bump in interest has been significant.

I have seen Philly Portland Denver Nashville SoFlorida mentioned. I could see those middle 3; skeptical on the other 2.

Portland and Nashville benefit from not having competition from Major League Baseball.

I’d also throw Columbia SC into the mix. They’ve shown huge interest in the college game, and even if the team weren’t good they’d get a good crowd when SC alums visited.

Reaction Score

Why'd they wave so many people. Maybe they like some players on some other rosters.

The Mercury only waived 1 player prior to today. They still had 18 on the roster and had to cut to 11 by the May 13th. The 11 players left are likely the opening day roster.

Also worth noting Phoenix can only afford 11 players.

Reaction Score
The Mercury only waived 1 player prior to today. They still had 18 on the roster and had to cut to 11 by the May 13th. The 11 players left are likely the opening day roster.

Also worth noting Phoenix can only afford 11 players.

They also invited Liz Dixon to training camp

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Who did Las Vegas play today? Was that the Puerto Rico National Team, or just some random players? Whoever it was, Aces slaughtered them, with no Gray and the bench getting plenty of minutes. If Gustafson turns into another deadly 3 point shooter (4-7 today), the rest of the league is gonna be asking themselves how they let that happen.

Reaction Score
Who did Las Vegas play today? Was that the Puerto Rico National Team, or just some random players? Whoever it was, Aces slaughtered them, with no Gray and the bench getting plenty of minutes. If Gustafson turns into another deadly 3 point shooter (4-7 today), the rest of the league is gonna be asking themselves how they let that happen.
13,000+ attended the Aves game in Columbi SC. And on the Vegas homegront. They are now the first WNBA team to sell out their season tickets ️ in pre/season

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Hey:
Spent most of the last 36 hours traveling to/attending a wedding and was just scanning sites, waiver wires this morning.
My takeaways from Phoenix:
  • Meet the new boss; kinda the same as the old boss;
  • Meaning: we're gonna make a run with the core of our stars (who are on last legs and very big contracts), some imports who may or may not mesh; and, various others.
  • Youth? Development? Ah, next year(s), when and if this doesn't work, It sure as development in a desert isn't sustainable.

-I know the standard line is that the WNBA is the hardest league to crack and most draft choices barely make it, but cutting both Osborne and Shelley, then comparing it to who is on the roster. Why'd they even bother drafting them?

Feel for our board colleague @azfan :(

Reaction Score
13,000+ attended the Aves game in Columbi SC. And on the Vegas homegront. They are now the first WNBA team to sell out their season tickets ️ in pre/season

The PR national team featured Grand Canyon (and former Cal Baptist) point guard Trinity San Antonio who was the leading scorer for Puerto Rico in the mismatch.

Reaction Score
I have been waiting for Megan to get a chance to shine. She is such a dynamic player.

Reaction Score
Dream v Fever last night. Both teams appear ready to challenge the Mercury for the basement.

Should be an interesting race to the bottom as the Mercury's debacle against The Storm show that the million dollar coach has yet to determine a meaningful offense and the Mercury remain uninterested in defense.

Tonight's game at Footprint arena against the Spark will almost certainly show the progress that Tibbetts has made in bringing the team together around the aged GOAT and the memoir writing, expecting BG
The Mercury have a 42 year old who should have retired taking up 240,000 cap space. It's hard to put together a competitive team when 1/6 of the money is going to someone who is currently a role player.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This is pretty hilarious and what I love most about the WNBA (the sisterhood and camaraderie).

For context: All those players lost a bet to A’ja Wilson and had to wear South Carolina gear to their game in Columbia tonight.

I almost tossed my bowl of oatmeal to the floor seeing Chelsea Gray draped in maroon :oops:

Reaction Score
I have been waiting for Megan to get a chance to shine. She is such a dynamic player.
I was at the game and she impressed me the most outside obviously A'ja. She started off shaky but she seemed to gel pretty quick and took 3s in the flow of the offense. Between Kiah and Megan I think the Aces have two different style of bigs to pair well with A'ja.

Reaction Score
Ok. I didn't look at the entire video. Amd its not Azure blue.. Its pantone 287

FYI it's not maroon, it's garnet for the Gamecocks. ;)

Maroon belongs to Mississippi State and a bunch of other universities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits