With the latest ACl ( Duke).... | The Boneyard

With the latest ACl ( Duke)....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Does Joanne ( call me P) McCallie get another pass on underachieving?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Does Joanne ( call me P) McCallie get another pass on underachieving?
Yep. Doesn't matter how they do in the tournaments now. She actually has more upside than downside if Duke manages to win a few games against decent teams.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
And most importantly, Duke will finish #1 in the Massey SOS (the one that actually makes some sense), a little ahead of ND and UConn at #2 and #3. So it's sort of like all the toughest schedule awards that UTenn used to win, and if the Devil fans were like the Vols, they could even start making the "Cupcake schedule" chants when their team plays the Irish or the Huskies.

Reaction Score
To the McCallie haters it wouldn't make a difference. When Stanford knocked them out in the elite eight it didn't matter that Williams was playing on one leg and they had lost two starting guards. The next year that was still considered a failure for McCallie. Last year after Gray went down the same people that predicted that making the elite eight was a optimistic but reasonable expectation the next year used that again as a measure of failure on McCallies part.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I understand underachieving in the tournament after losing key players, but she got blown out of the gym when Gray was still playing against UConn. I think Duke fans just want to see their team able to compete with the best, regardless of who is on the court. UConn has had key injuries all season, and hasn't used it as an excuse to underperform.

For the record, I enjoyed when Duke and UConn had a real rivalry, and I wish Duke would build its program up again to challenge UConn. (Not too much, just enough to give us a game once in a while :))

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Up until the beginning of this year I was an apologist for Duke's performances in the tournaments over the past few years. They lost games that one should expect them to lose (particularly when they played us). Cameron, triad, news clippings and games this year turned my opinion around a little bit. One should still expect them to lose, perhaps even in the sweet sixteen this time. Yet there seems to be real evidence that, despite her Michigan State success, she is underperforming at Duke. In particular Duke's defense appears to have downgraded this year; that falls in large part on the coach, not player injuries.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If Coach P parted the Red Sea AND fed the entire ACC women's tourney crowd with two fish and 5 loaves of bread, she still wouldnt get a pass from most Duke WBB fans :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom