With offensive rules in place, can Edsall still succeed? | The Boneyard

With offensive rules in place, can Edsall still succeed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I didn't follow as closely during his era but know UConn used to win a lot of close low-scoring games.

I'm not questioning just asking, we have to get this hire right. I know he was wildly successful by UConn terms but wondering if he can do it again. Obviously he had Moorhead and Orlando so he knows how to pick assistants.

Reaction Score
I didn't follow as closely during his era but know UConn used to win a lot of close low-scoring games.

I'm not questioning just asking, we have to get this hire right. I know he was wildly successful by UConn terms but wondering if he can do it again. Obviously he had Moorhead and Orlando so he knows how to pick assistants.
He also pretty much dictated to them what they could run. Moorhead's offense here was NOT what he ran at Akron, Fordham and now PSU. The only game I ever saw him let Orlando game plan was the Papa John's Bowl in Birmingham against South Carolina. All the rest of the time it was his boring bend but don't break..5-10 yd cornerback cushion..kind of like what we have watched the last 3 years but without the 3-4 sets.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Edsall had dominating offenses - just not high scoring offenses.

When we played the Rutgers of the South (USC) in a bowl, out o-line had their way with them.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Visions of Pat White running around 9 of his defenders is more of a concern

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Visions of Pat White running around 9 of his defenders is more of a concern
Pat White did that to a lot of people. Michigan thought enough of it to hire Rich Rod. The bigger point was that we were scalded by running QB's and now mostly everyone has that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom