With all due respect Pres. Herbst | Page 2 | The Boneyard

With all due respect Pres. Herbst

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Attaboy, way to respect my 1st A right.
watch out NYU you may have triggered this guy and now he needs a safe space.....

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
You apparently have no clue what the First Amendment is about. The First Amendment prohibits GOVERNMENT from interfering with your right to express your opinion. Forgetting about the fact that message board posters aren't the government, no one here prevented you from speaking your mind. They pointed out -- mostly fairly and accurately -- that your post was stupid. See, that is exercising their First Amendment right, not taking away yours.

At times I think this nation deserves this campaign.

I cant tell you how many times I have tried to explain this to people.... unless it is a gov entity that is trying to censor you they can tell you to shove it all they want.

Reaction Score
Herbst and the Uconn staff did everything perfectly. The tone, the professionalism, and the overall package they presented was big time. Even the messaging yesterday was well constructed as they shared all the documents.

As Uconn fans, while I get there is disappointment and questions about the future of Uconn athletics, we can all be proud of the way in which this school conducted itself. I don't think this leadership could have done anything to change the outcome.

What will be interesting is what this leadership does next. Reading yesterday's messaging, I get the sense that Uconn is still committed to football at the top level and will not give up the fight to join P5 schools. I do have more confidence in this group than at anytime previously.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Just saw this.

Lots of interesting stuff there. I was somewhat surprised at the comparative lack of NYC media market statistics. No mention of Fairfield County being part of the NYC MSMA (although it was mentioned that 900K CT residents live outside the NH-Hartford media market - with no explanation of what media market they belong to). No mention of TV ratings to speak of. Pretty much any mention of NYC was limited to attendance at games held there.

The final page of the response package was interesting, particularly as it pertained to grad rates, investments and performance of the big 4 sports where the B12 is most active (FB, MBB, WBB, Baseball). UConn definitely holds its own there.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
PLEASE stop saying stuff like this

"The American is a great place for UConn."
Yeah. Say stuff like this instead.
Herbst said. "This is not our ideal world. We're trying to keep ourselves as strong as those schools. We already feel we're Power Five and it's odd that we're not in that group given we have all their attributes.
Oh. You did?

Reaction Score

"This is not our ideal world. We're trying to keep ourselves as strong as those schools. We already feel we're Power Five and it's odd that we're not in that group given we have all their attributes."

Seems like statements A and B are at odds, no? Statement B is perfectly fine.

Reaction Score
Yeah, would be a much better strategy to take a massive dump in the kiddie pool we're being forced to swim in

Husky25

Reaction Score

"This is not our ideal world. We're trying to keep ourselves as strong as those schools. We already feel we're Power Five and it's odd that we're not in that group given we have all their attributes."

Seems like statements A and B are at odds, no? Statement B is perfectly fine.
Seems like this thread's premise and your handle are at odds, no?

Do you understand what "playing politics" is?

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Attaboy, way to respect my 1st A right.
You need to brush up on the Constitution. Our free speech protection only applies to the government limiting speech. Fishy can stifle you at any time for any reason.

Reaction Score
The fact that she released all the Big 12 materials and broke the confidentiality agreement was **ing awesome. Love Susan Herbst, we will be fine and she is a big reason why.

It was essentially a real life version of this:

Did Uconn break the agreement? I thought it was mentioned they felt it was not a violation.

Husky25

Reaction Score
If the subject no longer exists about which parties such maintain confidentiality, there is no agreement.

Reaction Score
You need to brush up on the Constitution. Our free speech protection only applies to the government limiting speech. Fishy can stifle you at any time for any reason.

C'mon guys. Enough of the lectures on constitutional law. I made a point and was more or less told to shut up. I get this is a private area and mods can pull the plug anytime. Trust me in all the years of looking at this site my OP doesn't come close to the ban level.

Husky25

Reaction Score
C'mon guys. Enough of the lectures on constitutional law. I made a point and was more or less told to shut up. I get this is a private area and mods can pull the plug anytime. Trust me in all the years of looking at this site my OP doesn't come close to the ban level.

You used a 1st amendment defense where it clearly did not apply, while posting under the handle of "politics," which adds an interesting, to say the least, level of irony.

The backlash you've experienced is not so much lecturing as it is mocking.

Reaction Score

Maybe they're just waiting for you to acknowledge your mistake and say : "oops ... my bad ... thanks for the free civics lesson" ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom