With all due respect Pres. Herbst | The Boneyard

With all due respect Pres. Herbst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
PLEASE stop saying stuff like this

"The American is a great place for UConn."

Reaction Score
Are you kidding me? What Is she supposed to say? This conference is a dump screw them?

No, you can refererence that UConn will continue to pursue success at the highest level no matter where UConn competes. There's no need to reference the American.

BTW I think Herbst has done a decent, not great, but not horrible. But stuff like this just flies in the face of reality. Don't let people pee on us and tell us it's just raining.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, delete your account.

Why would Herbst crap all over The American when one of our next logical plays is to convince the conference to give us back our T3 media rights?

Use your head, it's about making the next move and you literally get nothing out of snubbing your current home. She's not just talking to us here.

Reaction Score
Go look at the materials that were submitted to the Big12. All of the submissions were first class and very well thought out. Dumping on the conference where we are staying for the foreseeable future would not be.

Reaction Score
There's something I don't get putting the money aside as a consideration. Supposedly we were in the middle of the pack among the schools being considered. Academically we are top shelf. Basketball beyond top shelf. So our geography and football is total crap and that's what drags us down for them? If our basketball was lousy but our football good we go to the top? No win situation.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, delete your account.

Why would Herbst crap all over The American when one of our next logical plays is to convince the conference to give us back our T3 media rights?

Use your head, it's about making the next move and you literally get nothing out of snubbing your current home. She's not just talking to us here.

Attaboy, way to respect my 1st A right.

Reaction Score
You have clearly never held a leadership position. Herbst's comments were spot on. Handled with class - UCONN first, "support" for the American second. Well done by our president.

Glad you have my resume and positions held. This "she's not speaking to us" crap is academia nonsense. What she's telling us is "keep ponying up and paying Power 5 prices for a mid-major product". Just don't use the word "American" is all this 20-year-plus season ticket holder is asking. Hope all you guys burying me are actually paying for the product. I kinda bought my right to speak out.

Reaction Score
There is a reason Pres. Herbst is a major college president and you are commenting on a message board.

And you responded. So we're both in the same boat, holmes

Reaction Score
With all due respect the American is actually not a bad football conference at all. 2 teams in the top 25 with USF and Memphis lurking....
Is it where we want to be no, but its at least as good as the old big east conference.

Now the money, yeah......

Be patient and wait out the B1G contract opening up. If there is no movement around that time and we are hemmoraging money then football will be cut. But I'd have to think we're waiting until that one final battlefield.

Reaction Score
Attaboy, way to respect my 1st A right.

You apparently have no clue what the First Amendment is about. The First Amendment prohibits GOVERNMENT from interfering with your right to express your opinion. Forgetting about the fact that message board posters aren't the government, no one here prevented you from speaking your mind. They pointed out -- mostly fairly and accurately -- that your post was stupid. See, that is exercising their First Amendment right, not taking away yours.

At times I think this nation deserves this campaign.

Reaction Score
Just saw this. Perfect tone. Wish she'd have stuck to this script later.

The announcement by the Big 12 Conference against expansion is not unexpected and is indicative of the volatile world of college athletics administration.

While I am sure many in our community are nervous about what this means for our future, I am confident that we have put our best foot forward in considerable effort to demonstrate how we currently operate our university and athletics programs at a ‘Power 5’ level and will continue to do so.

We continue to support the American Athletic Conference and thank the league for its understanding during this process. We will remain a part of the conference realignment dialogue and other conversations on the state of collegiate athletics to be sure UConn’s interests are well represented. We also will continue our winning tradition with honor, integrity, and a commitment to the student-athlete first – a future we very much control.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
She is a Univ Prez, what should she say? That said, There is No need for Suzy to suck up to C-US(AAC).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom