Wilson over Tuck??? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Wilson over Tuck???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
4) If you'll re-read my post I said we didn't "have" to beat UCONN. We've played 3 times in all of our WBB history - 3 games does not a rivalry make. Our biggest rivals in WBB are Clemson, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia and probably North Carolina. If we continue to play UCONN every year then it will likely move up the list of rivalries.
I too, like many other here enjoy your postings and encourage you to keep posting. IMO the bold part of your post is not credible. I 'll simply ask you this: Is South Carolina looking to dethrone UCONN or not? If the answer is yes then there is no moving up on the rivalry list. To quote The Wire " If you gonna go at the King; ya best not miss". By this logic a South Carolina win over Clemson would be more important than a win over UCONN-Sorry I had higher aspirations for your program than than. Clemson-really??? That Clemson????

Reaction Score
I too, like many other here enjoy your postings and encourage you to keep posting. IMO the bold part of your post is not credible. I 'll simply ask you this: Is South Carolina looking to dethrone UCONN or not? If the answer is yes then there is no moving up on the rivalry list. To quote The Wire " If you gonna go at the King; ya best not miss". By this logic a South Carolina win over Clemson would be more important than a win over UCONN-Sorry I had higher aspirations for your program than than. Clemson-really??? That Clemson????
I feel like you could say the same thing about some of our fans getting riled up over our rivalry with a team that we haven't played in 8 years and hasn't been to the final four in the same period. Tennessee-really??? That Tennessee????;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I feel like you could say the same thing about some of our fans getting riled up over our rivalry with a team that we haven't played in 8 years and hasn't been to the final four in the same period. Tennessee-really??? That Tennessee????;)
At least UCONN and Tennessee met 4 times for the National Championship and several other times when one team or the other was ranked number 1 or 2. Has Clemson and South Carolina ever met in a meaningful WCBB game?

Reaction Score
At least UCONN and Tennessee met 4 times for the National Championship and several other times when one team or the other was ranked number 1 or 2. Has Clemson and South Carolina ever met in a meaningful WCBB game?
If you're reading more into that than, "haha, Tennessee's irrelevant," you're giving me more credit than I deserve.

Reaction Score
As a Clemson parent I suspect c'hern's SC-Clemson rivalry is based on other sports, and just extends to WBB too. I'm sure from the SC perspective you just can't beat Clemson badly enough of often enough in any sport.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

As a fan I want to beat Clemson in every sport, including tiddly winks. I only know one UCONN fan personally (my sister-in-law), so I don't have anything pushing a rivalry there. I'm sure the team likely feels differently, though conference games will always be most important.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
As a Clemson parent I suspect c'hern's SC-Clemson rivalry is based on other sports, and just extends to WBB too. I'm sure from the SC perspective you just can't beat Clemson badly enough of often enough in any sport.

Exactly; you guys can't imagine the bitterness of thay rivalry because you don't have a geographically close arch-rival.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I only care about 3 college sports.... football, and men's and women's basketball. But if I look in the paper or see somewhere online that Duke beat UNC in field hockey, fencing, swimming..... etc..... I still crack a smirk

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
As a fan I want to beat Clemson in every sport, including tiddly winks. I only know one UCONN fan personally (my sister-in-law), so I don't have anything pushing a rivalry there. I'm sure the team likely feels differently, though conference games will always be most important.
I reaize that I may be behind all this conference realignment stuff but who put Clemson in the same conference as South Carolina?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I reaize that I may be behind all this conference realignment stuff but who put Clemson in the same conference as South Carolina?

No, but they're our arch-rivals in everything.

Reaction Score

I checked the sports at both schools and tidily winks are not listed for either, these must be intermural at your schools. Here in the north that fades out around the 2nd or 3rd grade. Now I ain't fix'n to start a fight but are you trying to say your sister in law could beat Morgan Tuck in tidily winks? :D

Exactly; you guys can't imagine the bitterness of thay rivalry because you don't have a geographically close arch-rival.
Nothing I hate more than giving credit when it is (cock-a-doodle-) do...Right now with the new conference our rivals are top programs willing to play us and the ones we see almost annually in the final four. I hope Dawn has the basketballs to do both.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I checked the sports at both schools and tidily winks are not listed for either, these must be intermural at your schools. Here in the north that fades out around the 2nd or 3rd grade. Now I ain't fix'n to start a fight but are you trying to say your sister in law could beat Morgan Tuck in tidily winks? :D

Nothing I hate more than giving credit when it is (rooster-a-doodle-) do...Right now with the new conference our rivals are top programs willing to play us and the ones we see almost annually in the final four. I hope Dawn has the basketballs to do both.

Dawn typically rotates non-conference opponents, so I wouldn't expect us to play every year. Next year I know we'll play you guys, Duke, Clemson and maybe North Carolina out of conference. I'm not sure who else. We frequently play UNC on a neutral court in Myrtle Beach, though we didn't this season.

My sister-in-law is a UCONN grad, so she'd only have a *friendly* game of tiddlywinks with Morgan Tuck. Is she related to Friar Tuck, by chance?

Reaction Score
Revisited this post and decided to rank the freshman this year.
1. Kelsey Mitchell
2. Azura Stevens
3. Briana Turner
4. Kia Nurse
5. Aja Wilson

To me Wilson was a top five freshman, but I can not rank her higher than the other 4 listed. As long as the women game credits potential over production it will never evolve the way we all hope.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Revisited this post and decided to rank the freshman this year.
1. Kelsey Mitchell
2. Azura Stevens
3. Briana Turner
4. Kia Nurse
5. Aja Wilson

To me Wilson was a top five freshman, but I can not rank her higher than the other 4 listed. As long as the women game credits potential over production it will never evolve the way we all hope.
Victoria Vivians Mississippi State and Gabbi Ortiz of OK need to be in the conversation also.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Probably Gabby Williams too. The only issue with her is that Geno didn't play her much against the five best teams they played. But her numbers per minute are tremendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom