Will we make the aac tournament? | The Boneyard

Will we make the aac tournament?

Reaction Score
Do they drop the bottom 2 teams or just the last team...?

Reaction Score
Could you imagine the attendance at this thing if we don't make it?? Woof

That was his point there would be four people from Houston there and that's it. I'm the idiot four not doing my Google search on it

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That was his point there would be four people from Houston there and that's it. I'm the idiot four not doing my Google search on it

It's the entire point of end of the season conference tournaments! Everybody gets a shot.

I don't think there's a major conference that doesn't operate that way.

Reaction Score
It's the entire point of end of the season conference tournaments! Everybody gets a shot.

Yet many, if not most, small conferences usually just take their 4 best teams and start with semifinals. That ship would've sailed for us long ago.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

From Wikipedia:

Prior to the 2009 tournament, only the top 12 teams in the conference competed.[1] In 2009, the tournament expanded to include all 16 of the conference's teams. The teams seeded #9 through #16 played first-round games, teams seeded #5 through #8 received a bye to the second round, and the top four teams receive a double-bye to the quarter finals.[3] The final pre-split Big East tournament, held in 2013, saw only 14 teams compete—West Virginia left the Big East for the Big 12 Conference after the 2011–12 season, and Connecticut was barred from the tournament due to an NCAA postseason ban for academic reasons. In that tournament, the teams seeded #11 through #14 played in the first round, with byes remaining the same as in the 2010–12 period.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
From this Wikepedia article of the BE: Big East Conference (1979–2013) - Wikipedia

Loved this paragraph:

Beginning with their first Big East championship in 1990, Connecticut has become the preeminent power in the Big East. Over the past two decades, UConn has made many deep runs in NCAA tournament, playing in the Elite 8 nine times and making four appearances in the Final Four. Hall of Fame coach Jim Calhoun's program, led by such stars as Ray Allen, Richard "Rip" Hamilton, Caron Butler, Emeka Okafor and Kemba Walker, averaged nearly 26 wins per year during that time span, won numerous Big East regular season and tournament championships, and claimed the National Championship in 1999, 2004and 2011.

Reaction Score
Yet many, if not most, small conferences usually just take their 4 best teams and start with semifinals. That ship would've sailed for us long ago.

I don't think that's true.

As an aside, this is my new favorite narrative. Going to post a thread after the next loss asking how far it will set back the program if we don't make the conference tournament. Would be pretty embarrassing considering it's in Hartford, IMO.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

That's largely an economic thing, I'd imagine.

Reaction Score
Ivy league only has a four team tournament. Can't think of any others. A lot of the smaller leagues let the #1 team host.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Ivy league only has a four team tournament. Can't think of any others. A lot of the smaller leagues let the #1 team host.
I didn't think they had a tourney at all

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
maybe we can even get an extra game, a play-in into the AAC tournament

whoop whoop whoop

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I didn't think they had a tourney at all
They didn't and screwed up by having one this year. Not having a conference tourny is what made the Ivy League special. The regular season was all that mattered, and the regular season champ was the best team (instead of a potential team winning 2-3 games in tourney) so the Ivy team had a decent chance of an upset in March Madness because they were used to winning all the time and not just in a one-weekend event.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom