Will this win bring new season ticketholders? | The Boneyard

Will this win bring new season ticketholders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was going to re-new my tickets even before what happened Saturday. But, how much do you think a signature win like that will entice non-season ticketholders to finally sign-up for next season. IMHO what happens against Temple should have no bearing on signing up for the season next year. And if 26,000 and change can make that much noise, imagine what a full house of Huskies fans could do. By the way, I'm adding 1 more ticket to my existing 2. What a Great win!

Reaction Score
I was going to re-new my tickets even before what happened Saturday. But, how much do you think a signature win like that will entice non-season ticketholders to finally sign-up for next season. IMHO what happens against Temple should have no bearing on signing up for the season next year. And if 26,000 and change can make that much noise, imagine what a full house of Huskies fans could do. By the way, I'm adding 1 more ticket to my existing 2. What a Great win!

Yes, I think a win like this could help spark some interest amongst non-season ticket holders. We brought a first timer with our group for the Houston game, and I'm pretty sure we are adding two more tickets to our season ticket group for next year because of it.

Furthermore, I think that now UConn has some people's attention after the Houston game, the outcome of the Temple & bowl games will dictate that too. Win both of those games, and the media hype is going to start up way in advance of spring ball. The way that the OOC schedule for next season is shaping up (@BCU, Syracuse and Virginia at home) will help sell some tickets too because those games are against brand-name schools that the casual college football fan can easily identify

Reaction Score
Now we'll see how much we've improved in the advertising and promotion game. Here's the challenge. Advertise a "reward" --a huge bonus---to the guy in the ticket office who can sell the most new (never before) season tickets. What's it worth?

Reaction Score
The answer ought to be yes, we will see higher attendance next year. Having Syracuse and UVA on the schedule won't hurt, and a good percentage of the people who let go for the first time after the last four years will probably come back. Without looking, I think we averaged about 27k this year. I would be shocked if we couldn't get it up to 30k, and would hope for more like 32k.

Reaction Score
The answer ought to be yes, we will see higher attendance next year. Having Syracuse and UVA on the schedule won't hurt, and a good percentage of the people who let go for the first time after the last four years will probably come back. Without looking, I think we averaged about 27k this year. I would be shocked if we couldn't get it up to 30k, and would hope for more like 32k.

As of now, this is our 2016 schedule:
Home: Maine, Syracuse, Virginia, Temple, Cincy, UCF
Away: Boston College, USF, ECU
Remaining Games: 3 AAC West Opponents (Either Home or Away)

It's not crazy to think that both the Syracuse and Virginia games could be sellouts based on the proximity of away fans, games are in September and brand name recognition amongst the general population. Cincy could draw a good crowd and if Temple can keep their coach, I'd expect them to be a good draw too.

Reaction Score
Don't we have 7 home games next year? This is what I got:

2016 schedule

Sept. 3: MAINE
Sept. 10: at Boston College
Sept. 17: VIRGINIA
Sept. 24: SYRACUSE

Home: UCF, Cincinnati, Temple, Tulane
Away: East Carolina, Houston, Navy, USF

(we don't play Memphis, SMU, or Tulsa)

Someone correct me if this is wrong.

Reaction Score

2016 schedule

You are correct as to opponents (although I thought we played BC later in the year). For whatever reason, you play a team in the opposite division two straight years, and then don't play them for the next two while you play the other 3.

Reaction Score

2016 schedule

How do we go 3 years without playing Tulsa?

Reaction Score
How do we go 3 years without playing Tulsa?

Because when Navy joined an we went to 12 teams and 2 divisions, they started "fresh" and didn't care who you played the year before. That's why we were at Tulane two straight years.

Reaction Score
You are correct as to opponents (although I thought we played BC later in the year). For whatever reason, you play a team in the opposite division two straight years, and then don't play them for the next two while you play the other 3.

Sept 10th was originally the UMass game date. You might be right that they changed dates when we switched for BC.

Reaction Score
I think you'll see a slight increase if the Huskies can finish off this season with two more wins. A loss to temple and then lay an egg in a bowl game and I would say not. But..... next season should really turn some heads with traditional regional rivals Syracuse and BC on the schedule. If UConn can sweep their O-O-C schedule and win their division so that they go to the AAC championship game I believe you'll see a very large increase in interest and ticket sales moving forward.

Reaction Score
Because when Navy joined an we went to 12 teams and 2 divisions, they started "fresh" and didn't care who you played the year before. That's why we were at Tulane two straight years.
Oh right in think I remember hearing that now.

Reaction Score
1999.2004.2011 said:
As of now, this is our 2016 schedule: Home: Maine, Syracuse, Virginia, Temple, Cincy, UCF Away: Boston College, USF, ECU Remaining Games: 3 AAC West Opponents (Either Home or Away) It's not crazy to think that both the Syracuse and Virginia games could be sellouts based on the proximity of away fans, games are in September and brand name recognition amongst the general population. Cincy could draw a good crowd and if Temple can keep their coach, I'd expect them to be a good draw too.

Maine has a kid playing tight end for the Packers which automatically means they are a great team by BY metrics.

Reaction Score

CT is Ground Zero for the quintessential "fair weather fan!" so yes, they will start showing up again. It's not about filling the stadium with ANY fans, just the RIGHT ones! I've said this before, but I'd take the 8k fans that went to ND with an empty stadium all day long! They turned that stadium upside down in South Bend being outnumbered 10-1! and yes I was there........

Reaction Score

2016 schedule

Hey Bugsy, change your calendar from 09/10 to NOVEMBER 19 next season for the day we dine on Eagle meat..... at Alumni Stadium
Right now we are open on September 10

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Would love to see the season ticket base back in the mid 20s next year. Increased expectations and really good home schedule should help boost the numbers back to normal.

Reaction Score
I think attendance will be much improved. Not sure how much the season ticket base will improve, probably a little. There's still not a big incentive to buy season tickets vs. going game by game. That will take longer to change.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't know how much of an effect Saturday's win will have on fans who never held season tickets, but it might entice a good deal of past season ticket holders who gave them up to return to Season ticket holders status.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
CT is Ground Zero for the quintessential "fair weather fan!" so yes, they will start showing up again. It's not about filling the stadium with ANY fans, just the RIGHT ones! I've said this before, but I'd take the 8k fans that went to ND with an empty stadium all day long! They turned that stadium upside down in South Bend being outnumbered 10-1! and yes I was there...
Gotta get those RKF's.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score

2016 schedule

Anyone else here lookin at the schedule and thinking.. Damn, We got a real good shot / opportunity for
9 - 10 Wins next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger