Will there be a rush to verbal to UCONN for the class of 2015? | The Boneyard

Will there be a rush to verbal to UCONN for the class of 2015?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Five available scholarships for 2015, two verbals, three targeted recruits and one possible transfer. Not enough scholarships?

U

UCONNfan1

Q: Will there be a rush to verbal to UCONN for the class of 2015?

A: No

Seriously, and realistically, the kids will take their time and commit if/when ready. It's not like Geno is recruiting 2 or 3 kids at each position and will say something like "first come, first served". He's after a very specific type of kid and player.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
So what exactly is Erin Boley's status at this point? Assume that the top three yet-to-be-signed priorities are Samuelson, Durr, and Butler. If Boley calls Geno and says "I want to commit", does he say yes? (It's barely possible that has already occurred; we will never know.)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Boley is class of 2016. With Cox, McCoy, et al.

Reaction Score
Five available scholarships for 2015, two verbals, three targeted recruits and one possible transfer. Not enough scholarships?
Five Scholarships?

Seniors- Stewie and Jefferson
Juniors- Chong, and Tuck (?)
Sophomores- Williams, Nurse, Edwards and Ekmark

I count 8 players, thus 7 scholarships. Two verbals
Freshman- Boykin, Collier

So 10 players... that leaves five scholarships.
If we get the other three in that class, plus the transfer, that would be four scholarships used... leaving one and then adding two when Stewie and Jefferson leave. Also if the transfer comes in she would be the the WEEN Class as she would sit out next year, and then play their sophomore year.

Reaction Score
Five Scholarships?

Seniors- Stewie and Jefferson
Juniors- Chong, and Tuck (?)
Sophomores- Williams, Nurse, Edwards and Ekmark

I count 8 players, thus 7 scholarships. Two verbals
Freshman- Boykin, Collier

So 10 players... that leaves five scholarships.
If we get the other three in that class, plus the transfer, that would be four scholarships used... leaving one and then adding two when Stewie and Jefferson leave. Also if the transfer comes in she would be the the WEEN Class as she would sit out next year, and then play their sophomore year.

True, NCAA regs allow 15 scholarships but I don't think Geno has ever gone past 13. At that point, managing playing time and chemistry can get ugly. If he got Butler plus 3 more 2015's that would mean two consecutive classes with 5 players each. Or one with 6 players if Williams redshirts. I doubt that will happen.

Reaction Score
5? There are 7 available by my count. In 2015-16, there will be 2 sr, 2 jr, 4 soph.
Though I think 5 is the absolute max that will be used.

Reaction Score
Q: Will there be a rush to verbal to UCONN for the class of 2015?

A: No

Seriously, and realistically, the kids will take their time and commit if/when ready. It's not like Geno is recruiting 2 or 3 kids at each position and will say something like "first come, first served". He's after a very specific type of kid and player.

Geno's been pretty consistent in not using a scholarship for its own sake if he doesn't get the particular player(s) he wants. He often doesn't have or want a "plan B."

Reaction Score
John A retweeted Rich Elliots post: "Despite what it says in her bio on #UConn WBB site, team source confirms that @M_Tuck3 has not yet been granted medical hardship waiver." If not granted Tuck will graduate with her class and open up another scholarship.

Reaction Score
John A retweeted Rich Elliots post: "Despite what it says in her bio on #UConn WBB site, team source confirms that @M_Tuck3 has not yet been granted medical hardship waiver." If not granted Tuck will graduate with her class and open up another scholarship.

First, the key word is YET.
Second, even if she doesn't redshirt, there will still be 7 scholarships available. (Tuck would be a senior with Stew & MJ.)

Reaction Score
I think each of the walk-ons will be given a scholarship bringing the total available for 2015 recruits down to five.

Reaction Score
I think each of the walk-ons will be given a scholarship bringing the total available for 2015 recruits down to five.
The walkon scholarships are subject to availability.
Not that it matters. No way Geno wants more than 5 this year.

Reaction Score
We're doomed, too much talent for Geno to handle.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member