Will the real Sox please stand up | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will the real Sox please stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I agree with you. I don't think either team is going to do much this year. Of course, I thought the same thing last year. Shows you what I know.

Past years where the AL East was so dominant I might agree with this given the state of both teams.

But not this year. The AL East has no great teams.

And it is still May.

Long way to go....

Reaction Score
2 wins in a row, break up the Sox!
Don't worry about breaking them up. They're back home today where they have the worst home record in the American League.

Reaction Score
2 wins in a row, break up the Sox!
I know that you didn't mean this way, but if the Sox aren't up to .500 by the all-star break, I think they will be broken up. The team is terrible offensively and the pitching (with the exception of the bullpen) has been erratic. I would say that Pedroia and Bogaerts are untouchable but everyone else could be moved. I like Napoli at first and Victorino in right and some of the guys in the pen. However, I think they should trade Lester if they can't sign him because if he goes free agent, he is gone. Papi will return mostly because no one else wants a DH whose best years are behind him. The catchers are both short term because of the prospects at Pawtucket and Portland. Pierzynski is in the doghouse already. He could be gone soon. It is probably a good time to shop Lackey because his value is high now. The Sox have some hard choices to make but doing nothing doesn't seem like a good option right now.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I wish the Sox still had Victor Martinez. All he ever did for them was hit and the Tigers got him cheap.

Reaction Score
I wish the Sox still had Victor Martinez. All he ever did for them was hit and the Tigers got him cheap.
Personally, I have always wished we hadn't traded Justin Masterson to rent Victor for one and a half years. But when we had him, why didn't we keep him. Wouldn't you like to have Victor Martinez and Adrian Beltre in the line-up this year? We wouldn't notice how bad Jackie Bradley Jr. is hitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom