Will it be Yale? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will it be Yale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Both Hathaway and Pendergast are on the job.

UConn is at the mercy of the governor.

I can't see how anyone on this board is qualified to say help is needed at the shore the most, when the most of the power outages remain in the eastern/southeastern part of the state.

Moving this operation to New Haven doesn't seem like the smart move. Most of the homes lost were at the shore, but I don't believe the focus of the efforts at the Rent is for those who lost homes. They are providing food and water to towns still without power and the largest portion of people without power remains the east/southeast portion of the state. East Hartford is far more logical than New Haven if you look at the map of towns without power. I'm not saying thos towns don't need help, or aren't getting it. Look at a map and the the highways, EH is ideally located if you're trying to provide convenient access to the largest portion of people.

Reaction Score
I just spoke to one of our chief officers... says that we have not been contacted about hiring personnel for the stadium on saturday as of YET. It would not be impossible to dig up that many guys to work the game on short notice, but it's by no means easy. Especially if there's people who are planning on going away for the weekend, which there are probably a ton. Second, he spoke to the Guard people at the stadium today and said that they are expecting 56 truckloads of supplies to be dropped off TOMORROW. I don't know about you, but it doesn't bode well for using the rent for this weekend, either. I assume Yale has their own personnel to bring in, but on such short notice over a holiday weekend...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Cheshire High School Marching Band, which is still expected to perform at half time, was told the game will start at 3:00.

They were told 3:00 in the hopes that they would come late and miss halftime. Nobody really cares for Cheshire.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Now, we have the potential to move the game to a venue where the relief is needed most, so that the relief effort can operate effectively from 50 miles away. And to play at a stadium w/no lights late in afternoon - um, what if it is not sunny or it actually rains?

Oh yes, let's clog up the streets where utilities people are trying to work and tree/yard contractors are trying to clear away storm damage. That will help in the recovery.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
They were told 3:00 in the hopes that they would come late and miss halftime. Nobody really cares for Cheshire.

Wanna hear what Cheshire thinks of you? :D

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
could be fun ... I don't have the attachment that most of the old timers on here do :p .... If this were to happen I'm curious how the seating would be handled.
There's something to be said about taking a piss in a trough with 70 other guys.

Reaction Score
LMAO!!! And, especially after a few rounds of tailgating. Yes, I almost forgot that part of the good ole days at Yale Bowl, or the 15-20 minute walk to/from the parking lot and the field. ;)

Reaction Score
Again, you do realize JEFF HATHAWAY IS STILL EMPLOYED BY THE AD, AS OF TODAY. Don't let that get in the way of your nonsensical rant.

Dear Dan malloy, Jr.,

Yes, JH is still on the payroll. No, he is not employed by or acting as AD. He is technically an employee of UConn, not the AD. We all know he was effctively severed. There is a minor difference, but don't let that get in the way of your otherwise factual statement.

Reaction Score
Oh yes, let's clog up the streets where utilities people are trying to work and tree/yard contractors are trying to clear away storm damage. That will help in the recovery.

Nan,

That is not what I said. My guess is that there are sites other than The Rent that are not clogged up w/utility crews working. This was not an either or remark (either the rent or in the way of working crews). Instead, the Governor's decison to use The Rent as a staging ground was not well thought out, like most of his ideas. I'm going out on a (fallen) limb, and thinking maybe there was another option.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nan,

That is not what I said. My guess is that there are sites other than The Rent that are not clogged up w/utility crews working. This was not an either or remark (either the rent or in the way of working crews). Instead, the Governor's decison to use The Rent as a staging ground was not well thought out, like most of his ideas. I'm going out on a (fallen) limb, and thinking maybe there was another option.

How many state owned sites are available at the intersection of I-84, I-91 and Rte 2 (direct route to the hard hit southeastern part of the state)?

Reaction Score
Nan: Love the way you framed the question. Kinda like asking "how many football fields that seat at least 12,ooo are located on the UConn campus"? :) Luckily, for everyone on this board with obvious passion for UConn football, the question is now moot.

Reaction Score
How many state owned sites are available at the intersection of I-84, I-91 and Rte 2 (direct route to the hard hit southeastern part of the state)?

States use stadiums all the time to help out in disasters. Katrina evacuations were the only meaningful event to happen to the Astrodome in a long time.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This would be fun. Closer to my home in Fairfield County. When I was young (about 10ish, I'm 53 now) my Dad would take me to Yale football games. We would tailgate in the grass fields below the bowl. It's a fun location to tailgate. I expect everyone from Hartford County to attend, especially when I think back to Boneyard comments about people in FC not traveling. I was planning to make the 67 mile drive from Wilton to the Rent for the Thursday night game and work in NYC on Friday. It's only 35 miles from the Rent to Yale Bowl and it's downhill both ways! Hopefully everyone shows and supports the team.
I remember looking for my roomates stereo in those fields after his car was broken into. We found three others but not his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom