Will Baylor break our home court streak? | The Boneyard

Will Baylor break our home court streak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I know that we hold the overall winning streak....90. What is the home court winning streak?
It's ours....correct?

I see that Baylor has won about 60 in a row on their home court. We play them down there in mid-January. I know that winning our last game in April is the big goal but a way-station win on the way to April in Waco to reset the Baylor streak at zero might be worthwhile.

Sims....Hartley? My guess is that as of now Sims will go ahead of Bria in the WNBA draft. Are there any other guards who might go in the first round?

Reaction Score
I know that we hold the overall winning streak....90. What is the home court winning streak?
It's ours....correct?

I see that Baylor has won about 60 in a row on their home court. We play them down there in mid-January. I know that winning our last game in April is the big goal but a way-station win on the way to April in Waco to reset the Baylor streak at zero might be worthwhile.

Sims....Hartley? My guess is that as of now Sims will go ahead of Bria in the WNBA draft. Are there any other guards who might go in the first round?
Kayla McBride seems a sure first rounder.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Chelsea Gray, Maggie Lucas -- also, both Shoni and Kayla McB could go 1st round. In addition to Sims and Hartley.

I would take Bria ahead of Shoni and Kayla but I could see some teams looking at Lucas before Bria because of her shooting and the ability to get shots off even with a small window. Sims will be the first guard taken - Chelsea could also go ahead of Bria. We shall see.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
This seems like the Stanford game last year, where the decisive UConn victory ensured Stanford's home winning streak would not extend beyond ours. A win against Baylor will be something UConn covets in any event. With Griner and many of that supporting cast gone, UConn should have a pretty significant talent advantage. Sims is playing like a woman possessed, though.

Reaction Score
Didn't we beat them there about 2-3 years ago by a point? I remember watching that game.

Reaction Score
It's ours....correct?

Baylor streak ends at 68 in a row when UConn beats them 75 - 60 on January 13!

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Just no more injuries, please. I'm not sanguine in predicting the future these days.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Didn't we beat them there about 2-3 years ago by a point? I remember watching that game.

That was in the X?L center, I was there: Bria as a freshman hit some biggies in the win.

Reaction Score
Our home court winning streak is 99, an NCAA record I believe. It was broken by St. John's (57-56) on Feb. 18, 2011. They also broke our 18-19 year win streak against unranked teams at home. No, I dont believe Baylor has a chance since we visit them Jan. 13th. Go Huskies!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
That close win was in Hartford with Bria a frosh. We lost down there 2 years ago after leading by about 10 with 10 minutes to go. We lost up here last year...close...that was the game where Seven-One didn't score and barely played.
We got us a different Seven-One this time round.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Our home court winning streak is 99, an NCAA record I believe. It was broken by St. John's (57-56) on Feb. 18, 2011. They also broke our 18-19 year win streak against unranked teams at home. No, I dont believe Baylor has a chance since we visit them Jan. 13th. Go Huskies!
2012 was the year of the loss against St. John's. Just a small nitpick. :)

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
. Sims is playing like a woman possessed, though.

I don't think it will help Baylor long term. Of course I was never a fan of scoring point guards. I much prefer a more balanced attack. Much like Stanford teams that rely too much on one player it tends to diminish their odds of advancing in the NCAA's. If that player has a bad game where does the team go for scoring. I don't know the actual quality of teams they have played so far ( a lot depends on guard match-ups ) but reality might set in when they face a team that will either shut Sims down or she has a bad day. It would seem a smarter option to focus on developing team chemistry and balance instead of providing a showcase for Sims against lesser competition. It seems obvious by the margins of victory that it was not necessary for the team to rely exclusively on Sims scoring to win.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't think it will help Baylor long term. Of course I was never a fan of scoring point guards. I much prefer a more balanced attack. Much like Stanford teams that rely too much on one player it tends to diminish their odds of advancing in the NCAA's. If that player has a bad game where does the team go for scoring. I don't know the actual quality of teams they have played so far ( a lot depends on guard match-ups ) but reality might set in when they face a team that will either shut Sims down or she has a bad day. It would seem a smarter option to focus on developing team chemistry and balance instead of providing a showcase for Sims against lesser competition. It seems obvious by the margins of victory that it was not necessary for the team to rely exclusively on Sims scoring to win.

I've been thinking the same thing. Don't get me wrong, I love Sims, but I think she is focusing too much on her own scoring. She is playing incredible ball but I'd rather see her a little less offensive minded and more focused on developing the young players.

Reaction Score
Chelsea Gray, Maggie Lucas -- also, both Shoni and Kayla McB could go 1st round. In addition to Sims and Hartley.

I would take Bria ahead of Shoni and Kayla but I could see some teams looking at Lucas before Bria because of her shooting and the ability to get shots off even with a small window. Sims will be the first guard taken - Chelsea could also go ahead of Bria. We shall see.
I am not that sold on Shoni being a first round pick. I think she is frequently way out of control and somewhat of a ball hog, throwing up shots that she has no business taking. I like our chances of beating any team that has someone like her as their star. I think Bria Hartley is going to be a pretty darn good WNBA player because she plays more substantially in the team's interest.

Reaction Score
That was in the X?L center, I was there: Bria as a freshman hit some biggies in the win.
Yeah you're right. I remember that game, I think that was the last time we beat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom