Will B12 Add UConn This Week? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Will B12 Add UConn This Week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Really? Seriously?! You are amazed at how pessimistic we are regarding CR? There was this conference called the Big East - we played in it for decades in basketball and football. It was the best basketball conference ever and football suited us fine. We have been passed over several times since all this started and been kicked in the nuts over and over and over and we keep winning yet that just doesn't seem to matter. Hell yeah we are pessimistic!
Perception. It does matter by now. We're next in line.

Herbst said college presidents have to be optimists. She couldn't have said it better.

Reaction Score
We have a RIGHT to be angry.

Boston College? What about that behavior says anything but pure spite. With a Catholic moral tone. I am sure someone is going to try to tone down this language as we start to play them in Football ... and other things. I think it is good to hold onto this. CR has screwed with us. We have seen a lot of shady back of the lot meetings. The whole thing sucks. As we can clearly see, the Swoffords are that smart.

Reaction Score
Damn, my bad...tough to beat Fishy...although it probably worth reading twice how bad BC and Rutgers are...unbelievable

Reaction Score
The only positive nugget thus far in CR for UCONN has Flipper's comment about wanting to be New England's team when the ACC vote was taken. The Thunder Chickens promptly fell on their face in all sports not named Hockey. Karma is a BI*CH!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Why is UConn the only school held to this standard? Why did Rutgers, Syracuse, and Maryland get a free pass in this regard?
Rutgers and MD because of TV markets. Syracuse?............................who knows WTF the ACC was thinking?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Cincinnati insider on 247 is spinning a yarn that The Big 12 doesn't have a lot of options but to go through with expansion. It would certainly help us.

The best outcome from this week is that it leaks that Texas has capitulated and the Big 12 is going to restructure the LHN into a Big 12 Network and is actively reviewing expansion candidates. If the ACC or Big 10 were ever going to jump on us, it would be shortly after that meeting.

Reaction Score
The Cincinnati insider on 247 is spinning a yarn that The Big 12 doesn't have a lot of options but to go through with expansion. It would certainly help us.

The best outcome from this week is that it leaks that Texas has capitulated and the Big 12 is going to restructure the LHN into a Big 12 Network and is actively reviewing expansion candidates. If the ACC or Big 10 were ever going to jump on us, it would be shortly after that meeting.

That's what I'm hoping. Unfortunately, I don't think the B1G gives a damn. I think they know they are powerful enough to pull us out of the Big 12 after the GoR if they wanted to. The ACC is the more interesting one. I think our only hope there is to use ESPN in the way we were used in the past. If we can convince ESPN to allow the ACC to have a network if we're added, that could push us in. Otherwise, I can't see the ACC moving this time. They expanded in the past out of fear. Now I think the fear keeps them paralyzed. I guess we won't know unless it happens. I think the only rumors that ever came out re B1G and ACC expansion came to fruition (or otherwise public) within a week or two of hitting Twitter.

In the mean time, I would absolutely celebrate an invitation to the Big 12.

Reaction Score
We have a RIGHT to be angry.

Boston College? What about that behavior says anything but pure spite. With a Catholic moral tone. I am sure someone is going to try to tone down this language as we start to play them in Football ... and other things. I think it is good to hold onto this. CR has screwed with us. We have seen a lot of shady back of the lot meetings. The whole thing sucks. As we can clearly see, the Swoffords are that smart.
BC has only been pretending to be Catholic since 1968 ,to fool prospective applicants parents and grandparents.

Reaction Score
The Big XII probably doesn't want a media circus surrounding their decision to expand/not expand. My guess is that these discussions are taking place now, behind the scenes. I don't expect and announcement from the Big XII until everything is decided.

They with either make an announcement saying that they are staying at 10 or they will announce who they have chosen to add.
I would not be shocked if they make either announcement this week.

I don't think they will make an announcement that they have decided to expand, but don't know who they are adding yet. Not only don't they want a media circus, but why give rival conferences a heads-up and a chance to make a preemptive move.

Reaction Score
Whoever was in charge of approving the LHN network f--ked up and should be appropriately flogged, by Jonathan wielding a cat'o'nine tails.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I don't think the B1G gives a damn. I think they know they are powerful enough to pull us out of the Big 12 after the GoR if they wanted to.
I gotta agree with this. It might not be so much that they don't give a damn about us but that they'd rather see us get a lifeline now and get the cash flow to help us stay our current course. Then, however many years from now, when the P5 conferences decide to expand again, the B1G will take us from the Big 12 and give us a better home. The SEC and B1G have the power to pull schools out of other leagues if they want them. I think our endgame is the B1G but if it means the Big 12 is our home for the immediate future, bring it on!

Reaction Score
I gotta agree with this. It might not be so much that they don't give a damn about us but that they'd rather see us get a lifeline now and get the cash flow to help us stay our current course. Then, however many years from now, when the P5 conferences decide to expand again, the B1G will take us from the Big 12 and give us a better home. The SEC and B1G have the power to pull schools out of other leagues if they want them. I think our endgame is the B1G but if it means the Big 12 is our home for the immediate future, bring it on!

To play Devil's Advocate, the one reason that the B1G ma give a damn now is there well stated effort to be the #1 college football conference in the country's biggest TV market - NYC. They have access now with Rutgers and indirectly through other B1G alumni in the area, specially Penn St; but, its basically a tie with the ACC's Syracuse, ND and Duke presence in NYC. Would the B1G really want school like Texas and Oklahoma getting a flag in NYC with UConn? History has shown it is very difficult to fight a war on 2 fronts at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom