Wichita State-UConn Game, with embedded analysts and extra Telestrator use | The Boneyard

Wichita State-UConn Game, with embedded analysts and extra Telestrator use

Reaction Score
Not sure if this is gimmicky, experimental or a good idea. But experienced broadcasters will be on both benches offering insights and analysis during our game. I just hope its better than watching Dick Vital during a dook game.

I'm sure many of you guys know more than me about this stuff, and whether this is a good or bad thing. I may have to have the radio broadcast on cue, or some background music to mute the broadcast.

Coaches Clinic broadcast of Wichita State-UConn

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t know and I’ll be at the game so it doesn’t matter but there are reporters around nba teams at a lot of games but they just aren’t allowed to reveal anything strategic so it usually sucks. When ESPN records an nba coach in a timeout they end up looking like idiots because all you hear are general things like “let’s go”, “focus”, “play hard” and not the meat of the timeout when they are discussing matchups and strategy.

Reaction Score
We'll see. This quote has me somewhat concerned: "this would be a vehicle to let these guys show more of what they know."

Blah, blah blah blah blah, confusing scrawl on the teleprompter, blah blah, more confusing scrawl on the teleprompter , (hopefully not with a split screen)blah blah blah, blah, blah, blahblah. Can quickly become more about an announcer trying to show how smart he is than the game itself. Often prefer to just watch the game and get my expert analysis on the boneyard.

Reaction Score
Edit - nothing to see here. Thought the game was on today, not tomorrow.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm glad I won't be watching on TV.

Reaction Score
I don't care how the game is analyzed in the huddle, on the bench, coaches diagrams, just win the goshdarn thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom