Wichita State Emerges As Potential Basketball Only Add To AAC (Officially Official) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Wichita State Emerges As Potential Basketball Only Add To AAC (Officially Official)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What runs are you referencing, exactly? And I dont think Wichita State does anything for fans other than reaffirm that we are playing in a mid-western JV basketball league.

If you can't get up for playing a team that is ranked #6 preseason, then you really have no business calling yourself a basketball fan. It's the best game on our conference schedule. Probably will be most years. I hope we do our part and become the best game on their schedule.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why do we need enemies when our own fans are too stupid/ignorant/misleading (you tell me which you are) to post accurate information.

His hot take on football was misleading, but accurate. Just like your take on Wichita State. They've had a good basketball program longer than we have really. They had a bad string of coaches in the 90's, but have otherwise been solid back to the 60's. They went to a final four in 1965 and 2-13, elite 8 in 64 and 81. It has not just been Marshall, but he has taken it to another level.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Local 12
Start around 24 minutes: Discusses Cincy, Wichita State move, and our rough offseason.

Reaction Score
Done.

Of course the vote was unanimous. The announcement of expansion candidate acceptance in CR always is. Would have liked to hear the actual conference roll call.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Of course the vote was unanimous. The announcement of expansion candidate acceptance in CR always is. Would have liked to hear the actual conference roll call.
UConn was for this expansion.

Marshall said that he didn't know about the votes, but it sounded like WSU's president/AD were keeping him in the loop and in this interview he inadvertently let something slip about it being 9 votes initially...

I think UConn tried to leverage the Big East, maybe bluffing a bit about having a landing spot for football, then got their bluff called and went all-in on adding a basketball school to try to bring a little bit of luster back to the MBB program, from a perception and tickets standpoint at least.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom