why uconn is destined for big 10 | The Boneyard

why uconn is destined for big 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Silverman and delany know that to get entry into ny, ru isn't going to cut it. the case of psu and philly made that abundantly clear.

"Last summer, the ACC moved to take two more schools — Syracuse and Pittsburgh — from the Big East. On Sept. 12, it voted to add Notre Dame — long presumed to be in the sights of the Big Ten — in all sports but football. Some Big Ten athletic directors believed Delany grew wary that the ACC would move to grab Rutgers and Connecticut, two Big East schools who provided some semblance of an entry into the New York media market, an unclaimed territory for college sports."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...5da16c-3fd0-11e2-ae43-cf491b837f7b_story.html

the few people that knew at md, never leaked the info. this is consistent with uconn right niw. no comment. no comment. contrast uconn with cincy's rejection from the acc. publuc comments from cincy officials.

as much as we think that manuel is not out there pumping uconn, his quietness-along with herbst- is more telling than anything. those two cannot possibly be immune from the shear cacaphony of angst that is bouncing around storrs. this issue is defining the school. yet we haven't had so much of a "we'll be fine" platitude thrown at us. we've gad one statement from herbst about-research. and one from manuel about "captive audience". She was supposed to be at the img conference, where she knew she'd get inundated with, "what are you thinking, what are you going to do" questions. herbst was in nyc at the tine but skipped the conference even though she was scheduled to be on the main panel with emmert and wake pres. where's the reason why? dutifully, her loyal soldier manuel attended, and said not much of anything, as instructed.

additionally, look at the stories on background coming out on ru and md's move, and the cincy move. yet we have no insider sources, no names, no dates of meetings, of phone talks, of fertive attempts to get into the acc. all we have is silence, and manuel's usvi vacation. blauds today said it was silence in storrs. a throway quote from jacobs about manuel working his "hump" off. usvi anyone??? a xall never made to miami using clinton?

i know we mock ct's press, whats goin on, but this is a new low for them. heck, the doyle piece has no source quotes from uconn in it. it's a regurgitation of other media's quotes. nothing of gerbsts actions, nothing at all.
what about the actual calls made?

finally, never forget the idiocy of politicians. more silence. it must being killing the dunderheads, but that's the price, blumenthal and a microphone, salt and peper. malloy gettibg crushed with deficit, yet not an ounce of red meat on an easy issue.

silence all around, especially in areas where you don't expect it. just like the big 10 wants. just like ru and md had to endure.

Reaction Score
UConn wanted into the ACC and was blindsided by the Louisville invite. They thought they had the ACC offer in the bag, and they probably got a warm feeling from folks in North Carolina, but things changed when the football schools decided they wanted more input into the decision.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think the silence from UConn's leadership is not due to any plan, but opening their mouths about the lost bid to the ACC would not put any one of them in a positive light, especially now that we have found out about how hard Louisville's AD lobbied ACC schools while our AD was in the Virgin Islands watching women's basketball. Did Herbst tell Manuel not to lobby the ACC schools because she thought the offer was locked up? Did Manuel not push hard enough? What did Gov. Malloy do? It seems like nobody at UConn wants us to know the truth.

The spin now in the Courant is that UConn never had a chance for an ACC slot vs Louisville, so it can't be anyone's fault. I think this is the view that UConn's leadership is quietly telling the press to make themselves look good.

Reaction Score
Your present an interesting case...but..

Your writing style looks very familiar. I can't put my finger on it, but it will come to me. The paragraphs have thrown me off a bit though.

Only time will tell if your hypothesis is correct.

Reaction Score
A Chicago-New York -Philadelphia-Washington conference sure would be interesting.​

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
there is a gold espn blog from like a year ago i forget where it is but its back in the b10 blog on espn. it was when bb was around for the big east blog i think. anyway it was discussing the b10 and its future aims to 16. the 4 schools talked about were mizzu, kansas, ruty and uconn with md also getting a mention. it was in reaction to cuse and pitt. if u remember back then after the move espn on the spot pumped uconn as next in line and had a aricle or 5 where it said uconn could be next blah blah and then had to go to susan for quotes and turned them into us begging(nelson....). then the uconn pumping went quiet quick. anyway that blog talked about what ruty and uconn could mean to the b10 and how quick they are rising fanbase and mk wise and that the acc left the door open. espn later in the blog talked about how uconn wouldnt fit the b10 and that the acc and uconn were a good match for the future.

mizzu and kansas are not ideal now and ruty and md are in the b10. its funny now looking back 1 to 2 years at everything espn ever wrote on CR. if u follow the pattern you will see my theory play out over and over again.

to tocu on today times and the beat writers. not to long ago one from the waterbury paper if i remeber correctly used some law to aquire docs and emails from uconn on some topic. it was a weak attempt to expose something. w/e it was is not the point. the point is all of the beat writers have been trying and striking out mostly writing things and none of them are getting good sources or quotes. how come? warde and susan have poker faces imho. but also, how come none of them have used that law to gain access to what uconn is up 2 right now? acc emails? b10 emails? anything? something is up and i think a lot of ppl are in on it for the greater good of uconn and this state.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
there is a gold espn blog from like a year ago i forget where it is but its back in the b10 blog on espn. it was when bb was around for the big east blog i think. anyway it was discussing the b10 and its future aims to 16. the 4 schools talked about were mizzu, kansas, ruty and uconn with md also getting a mention. it was in reaction to cuse and pitt. if u remember back then after the move espn on the spot pumped uconn as next in line and had a aricle or 5 where it said uconn could be next blah blah and then had to go to susan for quotes and turned them into us begging(nelson....). then the uconn pumping went quiet quick. anyway that blog talked about what ruty and uconn could mean to the b10 and how quick they are rising fanbase and mk wise and that the acc left the door open. espn later in the blog talked about how uconn wouldnt fit the b10 and that the acc and uconn were a good match for the future.

mizzu and kansas are not ideal now and ruty and md are in the b10. its funny now looking back 1 to 2 years at everything espn ever wrote on CR. if u follow the pattern you will see my theory play out over and over again.

to tocu on today times and the beat writers. not to long ago one from the waterbury paper if i remeber correctly used some law to aquire docs and emails from uconn on some topic. it was a weak attempt to expose something. w/e it was is not the point. the point is all of the beat writers have been trying and striking out mostly writing things and none of them are getting good sources or quotes. how come? warde and susan have poker faces imho. but also, how come none of them have used that law to gain access to what uconn is up 2 right now? acc emails? b10 emails? anything? something is up and i think a lot of ppl are in on it for the greater good of uconn and this state.

Freedom of Information Act. The LAST thing we need is the CT "media" using that tool to flesh out any actual communication that might be going on CONFIDENTIALLY realignment-wise.

Let "sleeping" dogs lie....literally, PLEASE!

Reaction Score
Silverman and delany know that to get entry into ny, ru isn't going to cut it. the case of psu and philly made that abundantly clear.

"Last summer, the ACC moved to take two more schools — Syracuse and Pittsburgh — from the Big East. On Sept. 12, it voted to add Notre Dame — long presumed to be in the sights of the Big Ten — in all sports but football. Some Big Ten athletic directors believed Delany grew wary that the ACC would move to grab Rutgers and Connecticut, two Big East schools who provided some semblance of an entry into the New York media market, an unclaimed territory for college sports."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...5da16c-3fd0-11e2-ae43-cf491b837f7b_story.html

the few people that knew at md, never leaked the info. this is consistent with uconn right niw. no comment. no comment. contrast uconn with cincy's rejection from the acc. publuc comments from cincy officials.

as much as we think that manuel is not out there pumping uconn, his quietness-along with herbst- is more telling than anything. those two cannot possibly be immune from the shear cacaphony of angst that is bouncing around storrs. this issue is defining the school. yet we haven't had so much of a "we'll be fine" platitude thrown at us. we've gad one statement from herbst about-research. and one from manuel about "captive audience". She was supposed to be at the img conference, where she knew she'd get inundated with, "what are you thinking, what are you going to do" questions. herbst was in nyc at the tine but skipped the conference even though she was scheduled to be on the main panel with emmert and wake pres. where's the reason why? dutifully, her loyal soldier manuel attended, and said not much of anything, as instructed.

additionally, look at the stories on background coming out on ru and md's move, and the cincy move. yet we have no insider sources, no names, no dates of meetings, of phone talks, of fertive attempts to get into the acc. all we have is silence, and manuel's usvi vacation. blauds today said it was silence in storrs. a throway quote from jacobs about manuel working his "hump" off. usvi anyone??? a xall never made to miami using clinton?

i know we mock ct's press, whats goin on, but this is a new low for them. heck, the doyle piece has no source quotes from uconn in it. it's a regurgitation of other media's quotes. nothing of gerbsts actions, nothing at all.

finally, never forget the idiocy of politicians. more silence. it must being killing the dunderheads, but that's the price, blumenthal and a microphone, salt and peper. malloy gettibg crushed with deficit, yet not an ounce of red meat on an easy issue.

silence all around, especially in areas where you don't expect it. just like the big 10 wants. just like ru and md had to endure.

I almost totally agree with your analysis, except the part about a plan.

Reaction Score
Ahhh....the old public silence must mean that some clandestine maneuvering is happening analysis. Hope you're right but I'm not counting on it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Nice work Mulder. I sense a guy in a trenchcoat smoking a cigarette in background.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Isn't this the same logic that led so many to believe that we were a lock for the ACC while vocal Louisville was not? Sometimes silence isn't tactical.

Reaction Score
Your present an interesting case...but..

Your writing style looks very familiar. I can't put my finger on it, but it will come to me. The paragraphs have thrown me off a bit though.

Only time will tell if your hypothesis is correct.

It actually reads outloud like Kevin Costner's speech in the movie JFK...I found myself taking the same cadeance.

Reaction Score
It actually reads outloud like Kevin Costner's speech in the movie JFK...I found myself taking the same cadeance.

I was thinking more along the lines of HFD more than KC in JFK. But
I like your take on it.

Reaction Score
I just posted this on another thread but perrhaps this is the more logical place
You guys who post to other conference boards feel ree to steal my thoughts.
First of all I cannot stand the ACC
If we go there I might become a Sun Devil Fan
(only kidding)
But we are such a great choice for the B1G .I can't believe we haven't been offered
There are 3,600,000 people in an area smaller than the greater Phoenix.
You can get to a game at the Rent from anywhere in Ct within 90minutes.
Add another 30 minutes and NYC and Boston are easy trips for football.
Yes Virginia you could plan a vacation to NYC, Boston, Newport or just go look at the Autumn leaves and still get to a game.
What other school in the B1G offers that variety.
With Southern Vermont NewHampshire, Rhode Island and even Sourthern Maine a short ride.
Its location will make it the best in league destination for their rabid followers.

Because of our success in BB we have picked up fans in NYC and surrounding New England
I have two grandsons in college one in Providence and the other in Southern New Hampshire.
Last year after a family day visit in RI we went up 95 toward New Hamshire to see the other grandson
We stopped in a huge Outlet complex 30 miles into Mass.(BC fans yes its your home state)
The only local college gear availale was Uconns
We are the only national brand in New England let me repeat We are the ONLY national brand in New England
The fools who say we have nothing to offer the B1G are misinformed or unimaginative.
Our demographics and brand compare favaroably to current B1G schools
with potentential with Rutgers to sew up NYC. with a vicous annual rivaly type game the B1G loves
When Army was a power they played ND in NYC it was the hottest ticket in town.
The NYC was a big college football town.
New York is a big entertainment town that demands the best.
Entertainment comes in all forms.
With both Rutgers and Uconn bringing in teams like OSU,Mich, and Nebraska the buzz will be back.
Geoge Steinbrenner understood this and took a failed franchise from an uninhabitable area. Whose Obit was being written.
(If you saw the South Bronx in 1970's you know what I mean)
and made it into a billion dollar business. Why? Not because its a Pro town but because he provided a great product.
Just because perception is its a pro town. Doesn't mean its a fact.
I seen many perceptions changed in my life .
The one I like most is that cow college in Ct can't attract enough talent to their farm to ever compete with the big boys.
I guess they were right we didn't compete we dominated.
The ACC can't see it because its a Parochial league of good ole boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01