Why top recruits do not come to BigEast (except Uconn)? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Why top recruits do not come to BigEast (except Uconn)?

Reaction Score
You cannot disregard that the league is made up of smaller Catholic Universities which can't compete with larger schools especially larger state institutions. They are not for everybody. With NIL and the transfer portal you are going to see an even larger # transferring out.

Reaction Score
You cannot disregard that the league is made up of smaller Catholic Universities which can't compete with larger schools especially larger state institutions. They are not for everybody. With NIL and the transfer portal you are going to see an even larger # transferring out.

These "small Catholic Universities" manage to hire high-priced coaching for their mens basketball programs. The plain fact is that wcbb is an afterthought at most universities.

Reaction Score
I think that the saddest thing is that we havn't even begun to see the impact of the "NIL" ruling. This is the most cannibalistic thing to ever have impacted college s ports. RIght now the main focus is on the individual getting the money, What is going to happen in a few years when the grunts in football and basketball start to realize their self worth and demand equal pay. I truly believe that many schools are going to just start dropping their major sports. You can only get so much milk from a cow and when the cost of feeding that cow exceeds your profit you it's goodbye Betsy. And once the players unionize and start bargaining I guarantee you that the first thing the school will want is to revoke the scholarship for any player not producing.

Reaction Score
I think that the saddest thing is that we havn't even begun to see the impact of the "NIL" ruling. This is the most cannibalistic thing to ever have impacted college s ports. RIght now the main focus is on the individual getting the money, What is going to happen in a few years when the grunts in football and basketball start to realize their self worth and demand equal pay. I truly believe that many schools are going to just start dropping their major sports. You can only get so much milk from a cow and when the cost of feeding that cow exceeds your profit you it's goodbye Betsy. And once the players unionize and start bargaining I guarantee you that the first thing the school will want is to revoke the scholarship for any player not producing.
You make some cogent points. A possible offset is that many schools derive a good amount of their revenue from sports. Not just ticket sales and TV/radio rights, but lines of clothing and alumni good fellowship ( contributions because they remember a great football year, etc.). The major come to ( fill in the blank ) moment will arrive when, on balance, gross revenues can no longer fund expenses. Too many universities are over-spending on" building and grounds," as well as administration. It is becoming a debt based environment, and that cannot sustain itself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom