Why to get excited..... | The Boneyard

Why to get excited.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Because I'm a free man(5 year old). That's why. It was a ruff couple of months. How did I do it? Every time I had the urge to post here I instead went to red tube and worked my frustration out. Now based on my past post count you could conclude I wasted a lot of kids. Fishy treated me like a slave fresh of the boat. Teased me with the on and off jingle. Then whaler held me quiet for 30 straight days. Somewhere in the final hours of fishys time and the first second of whalers time i was turned on and my sarcastic ot posts on the men's bball board (which looked more like a city data forum) were took the wrong way and I got banned for a bit so pms weren't possible. Hey i was a mod at one point so i know how easy it is to delete a thread. Someone got a little trigger happy. But now I'm back. Cahusky has lost interest in the gig and whalers last minutes were less than a half hour ago. Golf clap for him and the smelly one for JC donations and good fun.

So what should my first rant be about? Uconn football? Pop tarts? Black bear last night? Warde? No, none of these. I want to know what people here want to see in a blog type situation on uconn. Content but not earth moving stuff. Not breaking news, but a fans opinion of it. Interviews when possible but not guaranteed. This has nothing to do with this site fwiw. Just me talking out loud. First thoughts:

-12+football games a year. Previews, game logs and post thoughts. Probably a good 40 story's right there possible. Maybe really work it into a Monday morning qb, weekend post game, Tuesday defense type gig. Opportunities....
-recruiting. Football signing day will provide content. Maybe a spring post about each signee review before he reaches campus. Add in random interviews year round and I think 30+ with high potential is realistic. Could go to local camps also potential wise.
-summer, dec, spring practice report stuff. This could lead to content but it would require more of a beat gig in attendance and also our favorite school giving a chance to media. Debatable but possible content there. Open practices would be must sees I think.
- tailgating potential. Setting up some kind of small gig for interviews with fans and vids. This kinda fits in with group trips to away games.

I think there is even more possible and I'm sure some of you guys and gals can add to it. This is just football. Imagine bball, puck, baseball..... Just one main daily content driven beat.

Thoughts? Should I put down the bong?

pj

Reaction Score
Welcome back Dan!

The blog idea sounds great. I would read.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Ah, welcome back to the BY, HFD! I am the yin to your yang. I've been missing my yang for a long time now. How long should one man go without his yang? ;)

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Sounds like a good idea! Working on writing cogent blog posts is probably a good thing, you can still do drunk rants on the boneyard but maybe balance between the two a bit?

Reaction Score
You found the shift key!!!! Now only if we can find a way to fix your grammar... Baby steps.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
WB and nice job capitalizing some of your sentences :)

Reaction Score
Hoisting a beer in your honor right now, maybe first blog post could be after getting an informer within the AD to get the plans for stadium expansion and the cost estimate. This is still Top Secret info not worthy of the time of the Horde and certainly not something that should be talked about in public.

Reaction Score
Long live the The old avatar, recruiting news and drunken babble. And did I read that right whaler is now gone for a month ?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Because I'm a free man(5 year old). That's why. It was a ruff couple of months. How did I do it? Every time I had the urge to post here I instead went to red tube and worked my frustration out. Now based on my past post count you could conclude I wasted a lot of kids. Fishy treated me like a slave fresh of the boat. Teased me with the on and off jingle. Then whaler held me quiet for 30 straight days. Somewhere in the final hours of fishys time and the first second of whalers time i was turned on and my sarcastic ot posts on the men's bball board (which looked more like a city data forum) were took the wrong way and I got banned for a bit so pms weren't possible. Hey i was a mod at one point so i know how easy it is to delete a thread. Someone got a little trigger happy. But now I'm back. Cahusky has lost interest in the gig and whalers last minutes were less than a half hour ago. Golf clap for him and the smelly one for JC donations and good fun.

So what should my first rant be about? Uconn football? Pop tarts? Black bear last night? Warde? No, none of these. I want to know what people here want to see in a blog type situation on uconn. Content but not earth moving stuff. Not breaking news, but a fans opinion of it. Interviews when possible but not guaranteed. This has nothing to do with this site fwiw. Just me talking out loud. First thoughts:

-12+football games a year. Previews, game logs and post thoughts. Probably a good 40 story's right there possible. Maybe really work it into a Monday morning qb, weekend post game, Tuesday defense type gig. Opportunities....
-recruiting. Football signing day will provide content. Maybe a spring post about each signee review before he reaches campus. Add in random interviews year round and I think 30+ with high potential is realistic. Could go to local camps also potential wise.
-summer, dec, spring practice report stuff. This could lead to content but it would require more of a beat gig in attendance and also our favorite school giving a chance to media. Debatable but possible content there. Open practices would be must sees I think.
- tailgating potential. Setting up some kind of small gig for interviews with fans and vids. This kinda fits in with group trips to away games.

I think there is even more possible and I'm sure some of you guys and gals can add to it. This is just football. Imagine bball, puck, baseball..... Just one main daily content driven beat.

Thoughts? Should I put down the bong?

I read your post and thought you were talking about a SJU website. I visited the site and tried every filter but I didn't get anything to pass on around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom