Why Thank You C Viv | The Boneyard

Why Thank You C Viv

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We may have 5 scorers unlike any past team, with a better shooter than ever, a faster PG, and a ridiculous match-up at the 4 spot. They need to win 10 more to make a claim.

Reaction Score
We may have 5 scorers unlike any past team, with a better shooter than ever, a faster PG, and a ridiculous match-up at the 4 spot. They need to win 10 more to make a claim.
Five scorers unlike any past team??? Swin, Sue, Tamika, Asjha, DT?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Tamika and Asjha were more moderate scorers, especially early in their careers.
No matter how good this team is and even if they win out and win the NC, the best team of all time IMHO is Sveta, Schuey, Swin, Sue Ashja, Tamika, and Diana with Rigby, Morgan V, Ashley B and Maria off the bench (Jess Moore redshirted that year). An argument could also be made for the team of Ralph, Hansmeyer, Sveta, Schuey, Swin, Sue, Ashja, Tamika, Kennitra Johnson, and Paige Sauer, Christine Rigby.

Again, on those teams you basically have Olympians of Sveta, Swin, Sue, Ashja, and Diana. But were Ralph and Hansmeyer as seniors better than Dee and Morgan/Ashley B as freshmen? Of course, those players were all future Olympians, but comparing their play in college is more appropriate. I think it is fun to try to figure out who is the best, but no matter how great Moriah and Bria are, I'm not ready to say they are better than the tandem of Sue (junior) and Shea (senior), or Sue (SR) and Dee (FR). However, comparing the 3 headed monster to KML, Stewie and Stef... I'd have to give the edge to our current trio.

Either way it's a great discussion and emphasizes just how blessed and lucky we, as UCONN fans, are. Even tho Tennessee won 8 NC's, they simply have never compiled the talent that Geno has at UCONN, and he's done it several times now. Tennessee's best team that went 39-0 contained Holdsclaw, Catchings, Randall, Geter and Clement. I am not sure who else was on that team, but nowhere near the talent that UCONN had, nor currently has, on it's teams...

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I actually felt sorry for the Rutgers team. For some reason, the game reminded me of the Washington Generals playing against the Harlem Globetrotters........

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Also in the article was Vivian's comment about the precision with which UConn plays. In a post on our board, someone commented that she also went on to say (echoing Geno, I think) that it is up to other coaches to get their teams up to that level of play before they can challenge UConn.

Although I know UConn fans in general doubt it, Vivian has always been complementary about UConn and Geno to the Rutgers fan base as well as in public. The infamous Cappie incident was the only time she ever said something bad, unfortunately when it turned out to not be true. I have always believed she did honestly think he had said something, although a little investigation before speaking might have been a better course. But even afterword, she continued to compliment Geno and UConn and stress that, when they were not playing RU, what was good for UConn was good for the (then) Big East.

RU fans will not miss playing UConn; the nasty ones for their own reasons but the rest of us because UConn makes their opponents (generally) look bad. It is not fun watching your team look like the Washington Generals when they look quite good against other opponents. And this is true on only of Rutgers but various other Connecticut opponents through the season.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
When you look at how the Huskies match up, not with ND but with the whole wcbb world;
5. Stef is arguably the best 5 in the country, certainly one of the top 2.
4. TBS is without a peer at the 4
3. When Kaleena has all her body parts in good order, no one is better at the 3
2. Bria is now the Bria of 2012 only more so. Maybe, everything considered, the best 2 in wcbb, certainly one of the best two or three.
1. I would argue that MoJet is, again all things considered, the best point guard in wcbb.
Bench; I don't think that any team in the country has as good a bench as Banks, Stokes and Chong.
Awesome! And the whole is even better than the sum of the parts, because of the seamless way the parts fit together.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Tamika and Asjha were more moderate scorers, especially early in their careers.
But we are talking about when they were seniors. All 5 of them were in double digits.

Reaction Score
No matter how good this team is and even if they win out and win the NC, the best team of all time IMHO is Sveta, Schuey, Swin, Sue Ashja, Tamika, and Diana with Rigby, Morgan V, Ashley B and Maria off the bench (Jess Moore redshirted that year). An argument could also be made for the team of Ralph, Hansmeyer, Sveta, Schuey, Swin, Sue, Ashja, Tamika, Kennitra Johnson, and Paige Sauer, Christine Rigby.

Again, on those teams you basically have Olympians of Sveta, Swin, Sue, Ashja, and Diana. But were Ralph and Hansmeyer as seniors better than Dee and Morgan/Ashley B as freshmen? Of course, those players were all future Olympians, but comparing their play in college is more appropriate. I think it is fun to try to figure out who is the best, but no matter how great Moriah and Bria are, I'm not ready to say they are better than the tandem of Sue (junior) and Shea (senior), or Sue (SR) and Dee (FR). However, comparing the 3 headed monster to KML, Stewie and Stef... I'd have to give the edge to our current trio.

Either way it's a great discussion and emphasizes just how blessed and lucky we, as UCONN fans, are. Even tho Tennessee won 8 NC's, they simply have never compiled the talent that Geno has at UCONN, and he's done it several times now. Tennessee's best team that went 39-0 contained Holdsclaw, Catchings, Randall, Geter and Clement. I am not sure who else was on that team, but nowhere near the talent that UCONN had, nor currently has, on it's teams...

I'll go with the 01-02 team as best ever. Each of the 5 players on the 01-02 team are better than what they were 1 year earlier. The team 1 year earlier got blown out before the injuries started.

I don't believe this team could beat 01-02 team either. If this team was injury free - I may have had a different opinion.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
The difference would always be D...there was just something so special about her heart and her talent...the combo...I've never see another college player quite like her...and I adore Stewie, Tina, Sue, and Maya (there are my other faves)...but there is just "something" about D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom