Why not Ken Niumatalolo as our next Head Coach? | The Boneyard

Why not Ken Niumatalolo as our next Head Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm not sure there's a coach in college football who coaches his kids up and plays to their strengths more than him. What a fun program to watch in big games.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Scott McCummings and Kivon Taylor second your vote, Boyle thinks you are crazy.

I'm thinking he's smart enough to change up his attack plan based on the weapons he has, Mets. You don't get to lead some of our country's finest young men without knowing that! :)

Reaction Score
I'm thinking he's smart enough to change up his attack plan based on the weapons he has, Mets. You don't get to lead some of our country's finest young men without knowing that! :)

He has always seemed like a great coach, if he can run different style offenses I would be interested. Not a terrible idea, better than Houston Nutt.

Reaction Score
He's used to recruiting high-character student athletes and winning with them. I'd hate to watch that offense but I'd hope it is more due to necessity than preference.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Would you hate that watch that offense if we went 11-1?

Reaction Score
I actually find Navy's offense fun to watch, I worry more about what it would do to recruiting.

I have always liked Niumtalolo and think he does a great job. Probably not a good fit here.

Reaction Score
He's the coach at Navy. I doubt that he would leave Navy to come to UCONN to coach football.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Coaches dont just make wholesale changes to their philosophy. Some of you act like "oh, if he's a good coach, he can automatically change his style". It doesnt work that way.

Reaction Score
FWIW, I think it would give us a advantage running an offense like this. Military academies/GT stay very competitive running it. Could give us a edge in recruiting talent accustomed to running this style of offense in high school. I would be very happy winning 9 plus games a year with a ball controlled running games.

Love the high powered offenses....think it's going to be hard to attract the top talent to get us to run them successfully.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Personally, I would not want to make the commitment to change our offense to a triple option. It would probably take a year to implement the system and if Niumatalolo were to leave for whatever reason, it would take years to get back to more of a pro style offense. I also don't like the recruiting angle of preparing kids for the NFL with triple option.

Reaction Score
FWIW, I think it would give us a advantage running an offense like this. Military academies/GT stay very competitive running it. Could give us a edge in recruiting talent accustomed to running this style of offense in high school. I would be very happy winning 9 plus games a year with a ball controlled running games.

Love the high powered offenses....think it's going to be hard to attract the top talent to get us to run them successfully.

How do you explain the MAC? Successful coaches implement a system, and teams become really good by excelling in one area.

Reaction Score
Would you hate that watch that offense if we went 11-1?
Yes. I would hate to watch the offense.

Not the games. Not the defense. I wouldn't hate the results. But I would hate to watch the offense.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Is leaving Navy really a move up for him though coming here to UConn? Plus considering that the Midshpmen are actually coming to the American in 2015?

Right now at Navy (according to Coaching Hotseat) Niumataloto makes $1,650,000 a year, similar to what we paid PP to destory our program and and sembalence of football tradition we had built in Connecticut (but I digress...). I wonder what our "budget" would be for bringing in a new HC? I can't see us getting near $2M... right?

Reaction Score
I wonder what our "budget" would be for bringing in a new HC? I can't see us getting near $2M... right?

Wrong... WM is on record as saying they will not be "going backward" in what they will pay a new coach. PP was slated to make $1.8 next year. $1.9 the year after. If they need to spend money above those amounts to secure the right coach - I have every belief that they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom