Why not go one step (or several steps) to finalize expansion... | The Boneyard

Why not go one step (or several steps) to finalize expansion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
East Division:
Northeast: Uconn, Temple, Navy (FB only), Rutgers
South: USF, UCF, SMU, Houston

West Division:
Central: UofL, Memphis, Cincy, Tulsa (or other)
West: Boise, San Diego, UNLV, (or other)

16 FB playing schools where 15 participate in all other sports.

BB: Add G'town, Providence, Villanova, St. john's and Seton Hall to the East Division.

Add Depaul, Marquette and ND to the west. Recruit Xavier, St. Louis or other A10 for non FB...

East Division: Uconn, G'town, Providence, Villanova, St. Johns, Seton Hall, Temple, Rutgers, Nova, USF, UCF, Houston,

West Division: UofL, cincy, Nd, Tulsa, UNLV, San Diego, Boise, marquette, Depaul, , memphis, one more non-FB

The schools mentioned would join the BE and it would regionally solidify the footprint so that travel becomes less of an issue. I'm sure the the scheduling experts could come up with a way to keep the games heavy within the division to build regional rivalries but than have enough crossover games to build the league and generate more viewership. it's a national league but that still has regional qualities.

Feel like this league would be better than the proposed. Especially if programmng quantity is valued at all like quality. Not sure this would force UofL or even Uconn to stay, but I don't think that plan can exist given today's facts. Not until the BE can gain some equality on the TV contract $'s...

Reaction Score
WE need land grant universities out west with large enrollments to help solidify this thing.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Until someone explains to me why we have not yet invited Montana, I'm not listening.

If there is one thing this conference needs, it's that pioneer spirit and Montana has it in spades.

Plus, it makes us attractive to Field & Stream readers.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Their woman's basketball program wasn't attractive to Nickelodeon?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
East Division:
Northeast: Uconn, Temple, Navy (FB only), Rutgers
South: USF, UCF, SMU, Houston

West Division:
Central: UofL, Memphis, Cincy, Tulsa (or other)
West: Boise, San Diego, UNLV, (or other)

16 FB playing schools where 15 participate in all other sports.

BB: Add G'town, Providence, Villanova, St. john's and Seton Hall to the East Division.

Add Depaul, Marquette and ND to the west. Recruit Xavier, St. Louis or other A10 for non FB...

East Division: Uconn, G'town, Providence, Villanova, St. Johns, Seton Hall, Temple, Rutgers, Nova, USF, UCF, Houston,

West Division: UofL, cincy, Nd, Tulsa, UNLV, San Diego, Boise, marquette, Depaul, , memphis, one more non-FB

The schools mentioned would join the BE and it would regionally solidify the footprint so that travel becomes less of an issue. I'm sure the the scheduling experts could come up with a way to keep the games heavy within the division to build regional rivalries but than have enough crossover games to build the league and generate more viewership. it's a national league but that still has regional qualities.

Feel like this league would be better than the proposed. Especially if programmng quantity is valued at all like quality. Not sure this would force UofL or even Uconn to stay, but I don't think that plan can exist given today's facts. Not until the BE can gain some equality on the TV contract $'s...

why not do this???

west coast division- sdsu/bsu/fresno/hawaii/nev/unlv/sj/ust/id/byu
rockie mtn division- newmex/newmexst/utep/rice/uh/smu/nt/cst//wy
south east division- tulane/memphis/latech/uab/smiss/arkst/ast/tulsa/ulm/utsa
east coast division- usf/ucf/fiu/fau/gast/ecu/appst/mtst/willmary/richmond
north east division- umass/uconn/ruty/temple/buff/navy/marsh/army/cincy/ohio
big west(bball only)- stmary/zaga/beach/witchita/dep/marq/crei/stlou/port/sdu
big east(bball only)- gt/nova/sju/prov/bu/duq/xav/day/char/uri

this is clearly the end goal for marinate and it would surely get us the biggest tv deal ever.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01