Why is USF west of UCF? | The Boneyard

Why is USF west of UCF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I mean south Florida is much more west than south of central Florida?

They are both in central Florida unless you accept the premise they are both in South Florida. Does either school have a geography department?

pj

Reaction Score
Why is East Boston north of Boston? Why is South Boston east of Boston? Why is East St Louis east of St Louis?

Reaction Score
C'mon. These are Walmarts of education we're talking about. Are you surprised?

Reaction Score

They are both in central Florida unless you accept the premise they are both in South Florida. Does either school have a geography department?

God, the season can't start fast enuff!:eek:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Why is West Virginia called West Virginia when it is north, east, south and west of various parts of regular Virginia?

Why is Washington D.C. called D.C.? If it's the District of Columbia, where the rest of Columbia?

Why is there a South Padre Island but not a North Padre Island or even a plane jane Padre Island?

Reaction Score
Why is West Virginia called West Virginia when it is north, east, south and west of various parts of regular Virginia?
I can't believe you even bothered to ask why.

Reaction Score
I have looked it up before. USF is called USF because when it was proposed to the FL legislature in the 50's the organizers wanted the name to reflect that it was "South Florida's university" as there was no big state U serving the area. This strategy would hopefully cause legislators from Key West to Tampa to support the creation of the new university. It worked.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Why do we park in a driveway but drive in a parkway?

Reaction Score
But we need to know Who's on First?
Once we know this then all the rest will fall in place.

Reaction Score
West Yarmouth is directly south of Yarmouth, and South Yarmouth is directly east of of West Yarmouth, but they are not universities. BTW, Dennis is north of South Yarmouth and South Dennis is a little to the east of both.

Regardless, I'm fine with UCF remaining Central Florida. But USF should be renamed, Gulf Coast Community College and School of Hairdressing.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I can't believe I read every entry in this thread.

I heard a thud, and noticed that my IQ fell 14 points.

:)

Reaction Score
Why is it that when we put a package a boat and send it somewhere we call it CARgo, but when we put that same package on a truck and send it somewhere we call it a SHIPment?

Reaction Score

Why do clocks with Roman numerals have the Roman equivalent of all twelve numbers EXCEPT for the number four?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom