Why I love Kiah | The Boneyard

Why I love Kiah

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Her comment about being such a high scoring machine on the podium after the game just exemplifies why I love her as a player and person. Fun, optimistic, not down on herself because she didn't meet expectations, etc.

And I am so glad that the powers that be thought to give her "her" moment on the stage.

By the way, in the last four games of her career, Stokes didn't miss a single shot. I think she was either 8 for 8 or 9 for 9.

Reaction Score
Thinking back, wasn't Kia our third priority behind Williams and whom?
I wonder how they feel about their choices now. Sure no regrets, but they must ponder about what might have been.
Kia sure made the right choice for her. I'm going to miss all those comical blocks and swipes.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Her comment about being such a high scoring machine on the podium after the game just exemplifies why I love her as a player and person. Fun, optimistic, not down on herself because she didn't meet expectations, etc.

And I am so glad that the powers that be thought to give her "her" moment on the stage.

By the way, in the last four games of her career, Stokes didn't miss a single shot. I think she was either 8 for 8 or 9 for 9.

She only missed one in the tourney (11 of 12) and had the highest points-per-attempt on the team.

Oh, and she averaged 15.8 rebounds and 7 blocks per 40 minutes.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Cabbie I love and will miss Kiah also. Unfortunately, I'm afraid this last sentence for many people will summarize her time at UCONN.
Meaning, If you can go 9 for 9 in 4 games, what would happen if you took say 25-30 shots in 4 games? One answer maybe: The team didn't need points from Kiah, but I don't think they would complain.

Reaction Score
Speaking of Kiah and Kia, does anyone know if either of them drives a KIA? :cool:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
She only missed one in the tourney (11 of 12) and had the highest points-per-attempt on the team.

Oh, and she averaged 15.8 rebounds and 7 blocks per 40 minutes.
With that kind of efficiency, I just can't figure out why our 'genius' coach, and our 'all world' PG couldn't find her just a few more times for shots. Just criminal to not get a 92% shooter the ball more than twice a game over the course of six games!!!!
:eek::confused::rolleyes::cool::)

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
With that kind of efficiency, I just can't figure out why our 'genius' coach, and our 'all world' PG couldn't find her just a few more times for shots. Just criminal to not get a 92% shooter the ball more than twice a game over the course of six games!!!!
:eek::confused::rolleyes::cool::)
UC- I'm assuming that was tongue in cheek!!!??? :)

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Cabbie I love and will miss Kiah also. Unfortunately, I'm afraid this last sentence for many people will summarize her time at UCONN.
Meaning, If you can go 9 for 9 in 4 games, what would happen if you took say 25-30 shots in 4 games? One answer maybe: The team didn't need points from Kiah, but I don't think they would complain.
We were blessed to have Kiah for her role played from the bench. Having said that, she never expanded her game offensively from garbage points from more than 2 ft from the basket, and picking up garbage points off rebounds. We have to be real. If she was an offensive threat, she would have played 40 minutes. Not sure you watched w out those rose color glasses! :) and she's a talented great classy young woman.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Hey - not only she she go 11 for 12 in the NCAAs - she ended the year as the only Uconn player hitting 50% from beyond the arc after Mo and K shot themselves down into the 49.x% range.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We were blessed to have Kiah for her role played from the bench. Having said that, she never expanded her game offensively from garbage points from more than 2 ft from the basket, and picking up garbage points off rebounds. We have to be real. If she was an offensive threat, she would have played 40 minutes. Not sure you watched w out those rose color glasses! :) and she's a talented great classy young woman.
I'm not sure I can watch without rose colored glasses! :). Can you?

Reaction Score
I love Kiah because of her maturity and the way she embraced her role on the team. She was the star on her high school team. Not everyone can make that transition from star to being a role player but Kiah did and was at able to make that adjustment.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Kiah had "only" 4 points last night, but they came at important times in a game where any points were very hard to come by. She definitely contributed.
Every point was critical in that game- it really was a struggle!

Brodog16

Alzheimer's sucks
Reaction Score
If I am an WNBA coach on the bubble, I am thrilled Lloyd is coming out. If I am a college coach, it concerns me. If I am a WNBA coach wanting to build a program...first pick...KML, then Stokes...than Lloyd, respect my bias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom