Why I love Kevin Ollie & this story ... | The Boneyard

Why I love Kevin Ollie & this story ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It puts the LIE to the narrative that many National Media members are pushing about Calhoun and his career and OUR Program ...

Coach Calhoun was about Will. He was about pressure & competition; and pushing young men to be perfectionists & tough & being the best player/teammate they could be. He obviously cares about them. And, he created a FAMILY (and overused term ... I am sure Mike Rice used it too) atmosphere that is apparent every time we read of one our Alums affection for the University & OUR Program.

The Pat Forde's & the Dan Wenzel's & the Adrian Wojnarowski's & the Les Carpenter's ... (PLUG every Louisville writer) ... have a Whisper Campaign going that UConn was the dirtiest program going. Google it. There is some survey on some rag (Basketball Times or Basketball Weekly) that UConn was voted by writers the dirtiest program in the NCAA. Hmmm ... FedEx envelopes in your hand? World Wide Wes? My view is Calhoun was competitive & used the rules/laws of recruiting as best as he could to gain an advantage. The hypocritical crying about the AAU payments was laughable when you saw most every major program engaged. I am even an apologist about Nochimsen; a Bad Actor got us. (and we all make those mistakes)

We have nearly 30 years of upright guys like Kevin Ollie. He is a model going forward of what we expect OUR Program to be. We can live without the One&Done culture and 7 McDonald's AAs. I like the kids we developed into solid citizens and great basketball. The Kevin Ollie's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom