Why doesn't Griner dunk against top 10 teams? | The Boneyard

Why doesn't Griner dunk against top 10 teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
All of her dunks seem to come against weaker teams.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
besides... if you're in the tourney you're not weak. Who other than UConn and ND isn't weak?

Reaction Score
Or, maybe, Griner believes that the opponent would take a dunk as a sign of disrespect and thus would become fired up with additional motivation and intensity, possibly resulting in a Baylor loss or physical retaliation?

Reaction Score
Or, maybe, Griner believes that the opponent would take a dunk as a sign of disrespect and thus would become fired up with additional motivation and intensity, possibly resulting in a Baylor loss or physical retaliation?

Seriously Griner is probably the most disrespectful player in the country, She routinely cheap shots people and screams like and idiot when she gets a block or a dunk. I am not taking anything away from her physical gifts but if she pulls this same stuff in the WNBA there are people that will put her in her place.

Reaction Score
I am not taking anything away from her physical gifts but if she pulls this same stuff in the WNBA there are people that will put her in her place.
Enough of this "in the WNBA" bravado. Mark my words, in the WNBA Griner will dominate like never before. Unlike in the college game, WNBA teams will have to allow their posts to go one-on-one with Griner and she will eat most of them alive. At Baylor she routinely faces double-teams and game plans specifically tailored to deal with the problems she poses on both ends of the court. That tactic in the WNBA would do nothing but get you beat.

Also, the WNBA needs a big shot in the arm in terms of excitement and attendance. The WNBA will embrace Brittney Griner.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Seriously Griner is probably the most disrespectful player in the country, She routinely cheap shots people and screams like and idiot when she gets a block or a dunk. I am not taking anything away from her physical gifts but if she pulls this same stuff in the WNBA there are people that will put her in her place.

Like who ??? Name Names please.

Reaction Score
Enough of this "in the WNBA" bravado. Mark my words, in the WNBA Griner will dominate like never before. Unlike in the college game, WNBA teams will have to allow their posts to go one-on-one with Griner and she will eat most of them alive. At Baylor she routinely faces double-teams and game plans specifically tailored to deal with the problems she poses on both ends of the court. That tactic in the WNBA would do nothing but get you beat.

Also, the WNBA needs a big shot in the arm in terms of excitement and attendance. The WNBA will embrace Brittney Griner.

Obviously the "Physical skills" part of my statement alluded you. If you reread it you will see that I have issue with her persistent cheap shots and not her ability as a player.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Oh I don't know just to name a few Sylvia Fowles, Tina Charles, Krystal Thomas, hell even D would not take any crap from her.

Ahh... Krystal Thomas.. one of my favorite players at Duke.

Reaction Score
Obviously the "Physical skills" part of my statement alluded you. If you reread it you will see that I have issue with her persistent cheap shots and not her ability as a player.
If you think Griner hands out persistent cheap shots you haven't seen her play much. Did you see the LSU/Penn State game last night? There were some literal throw-downs in that game.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If you think Griner hands out persistent cheap shots you haven't seen her play much. Did you see the LSU/Penn State game last night? There were some literal throw-downs in that game.
You mean like Griner threw Dolson. Twice.

Reaction Score

Were they as bad as the flat out "sucker shot" Griner had on Jordan Barncastle?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I want to see how she does against someone like Fowles. In the WNBA she will also have to deal with players like Parker. That maybe fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Were they as bad as the flat out "sucker shot" Griner had on Jordan Barncastle?

She did that one time, years ago...peopłe need to get over it, geez. She lost her cool and took a swing- it was dead wrong. But she never did it again.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Wow! This is an incredibly entertaining thread. Jealousy is a very unbecoming. Let's bash Griner because she is so much better than anyone else.

Barncastle got what she deserved. I just wish BG had hit Curry on the way out for sending her team onto the court with a gameplan of "being physical" as it was politely called by so many opposing coaches.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Perhaps she doesn't dunk on teams whose coaches she respects....I think she has a lot of respect for Geno from when she was on the World Games team. It certainly sounded that way (about liking/respecting Geno) from interviews around that time. Maybe you need to be a worthy competitor for her to not dunk on you....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom