Why come to UConn? | The Boneyard

Why come to UConn?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well let me chime in. Sara will fit into a National Championship lineup and will be developed into a star well beyond what she ever thought. Just look at Aaliyah Edwards, Stewie, Steph Dolsen. Tina Charles. Look at their freshman year and their senior year? That question is answered. Sara at UConn surrounded by next years roster will be developed into a superstar. She is a superstar in HS however college is another level and to become an AA in College is a whole different level. Geno is the best at doing that. To become great at anything you must be willing to give up the way it is now and be willing to change and be coached.

Lets face it. The stats don't lie. When you look at all the UConn greats from 1995 up until 2024 and see the progression in their development there is no other coach that has been able to accomplish what Geno has accomplished. In fact there arent any two coaches since 1995 that have done it. If Sara chooses to attend UConn the sky is the limit and if she doesnt there will be others. Allie and Morgan have already committed and I expect the Big O to commit in the future. Dont forget Paige Azzi and Caroline have 2 more years and Jana has 4 more years. Can you imagine Sara playing with those team mates?? Its off the world good. Understand the bottom line is what does Sara want? Its up to her. With Geno's lineup UConn will be my front runner for the next 2 National Championships. I learned along time ago, when your given the opportunity to be coached by the best and play with the best especially those who surround you and make you better you better dont think twice about it. Opportunities like that dont come along very often. When you graduate your Professional Ready for the big time. Not only the WNBA but the National Teams. Have you looked at Team USA lately. They are full of former UConn women. No other team can say that. IMO Sara is coming to UConn for all those reasons and if for some reason she doesnt well thats just the way it is. UConn will continue to win NC's and produce AA's just like they have since 1995.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm not sure who this Sara is, but hopefully she can be patient with us while we find a way to distinguish between her and Sarah Strong, another recruit whose decision is highly anticipated.

;)

Reaction Score
UConn has been a machine since the 90s and that is true and accurate. Some players though don't want to be part of a machine, they want to blaze a new trail of their own. Maybe Sarah sees a program out there that she can help become the next UConn and that is a great trait that Geno would love on his team. In the end UConn will have a roster full of top talent whether Sarah Strong comes or not and they will be favored to win a lot with the talent they have and the talent they have lined up.

I have watched a lot of video on Sarah Strong and she is a great player but is she the type of player that UConn is accustomed to running their offense around? In the end that will be one of the considerations she must make to ensure she is in a program that she fits in.

Reaction Score
Well let me chime in. Sara will fit into a National Championship lineup and will be developed into a star well beyond what she ever thought. Just look at Aaliyah Edwards, Stewie, Steph Dolsen. Tina Charles. Look at their freshman year and their senior year? That question is answered. Sara at UConn surrounded by next years roster will be developed into a superstar. She is a superstar in HS however college is another level and to become an AA in College is a whole different level. Geno is the best at doing that. To become great at anything you must be willing to give up the way it is now and be willing to change and be coached.

Lets face it. The stats don't lie. When you look at all the UConn greats from 1995 up until 2024 and see the progression in their development there is no other coach that has been able to accomplish what Geno has accomplished. In fact there arent any two coaches since 1995 that have done it. If Sara chooses to attend UConn the sky is the limit and if she doesnt there will be others. Allie and Morgan have already committed and I expect the Big O to commit in the future. Dont forget Paige Azzi and Caroline have 2 more years and Jana has 4 more years. Can you imagine Sara playing with those team mates?? Its off the world good. Understand the bottom line is what does Sara want? Its up to her. With Geno's lineup UConn will be my front runner for the next 2 National Championships. I learned along time ago, when your given the opportunity to be coached by the best and play with the best especially those who surround you and make you better you better dont think twice about it. Opportunities like that dont come along very often. When you graduate your Professional Ready for the big time. Not only the WNBA but the National Teams. Have you looked at Team USA lately. They are full of former UConn women. No other team can say that. IMO Sara is coming to UConn for all those reasons and if for some reason she doesnt well thats just the way it is. UConn will continue to win NC's and produce AA's just like they have since 1995.
I bleed UConn blue.. and have for many years.... but saying that Sarah has to come to UConn to become great forgets that our recent "almost" recruits Aja Wilson and Aliyah Boston seem to have just fine without choosing our beloved Huskies..

Reaction Score
Strong reminds me of a shorter, more skilled Dolson. I don’t mean any disrespect toward Stef who is one of my all time favorites of course. I think she is an ideal player for UConn! Geno loves players who are able to do multiple things on the court and that describes Ms Strong to a T!

Reaction Score
I bleed UConn blue.. and have for many years.... but saying that Sarah has to come to UConn to become great forgets that our recent "almost" recruits Aja Wilson and Aliyah Boston seem to have just fine without choosing our beloved Huskies..
Yes, you are correct. We loyal UConn WBB bleeding blue fans and BY'ers sometimes forget that since at least 2016 the women's basketball landscape has changed significantly. UConn was and still is one of the best of women's Div I basketball but today we need to realize there are several places where a young player can blossom and become a star. And let us not ignore that the future longevity of a coach and coaching staff is an important consideration for any recruit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom