Who's your team? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who's your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Most hated and loved team in Germany. I was stationed there very recently and I lived in Wiesbaden which had a second division side (Mainz was very close by as well) and Kaiserslautern who was relegated. Most of the Germans I knew hated Munich (but loved the players come the World Cup).

I have friends over there who are big fans of 1. FC Nürnberg. Of course they hate Bayern München. I tried to share with them some interest in 1.FC in the mid 90s when Joe-Max Moore played there, but never got into it. Nürnberg has also been relegated so they will be playing K-town in the 2. Bundesliga this season.

I was stationed for while in Herzogenaurach, which is near Nürnberg. Herzo is also the birthplace of both Adidas and Puma and the town where Lothar Matthäus played his youth football (for the Puma sponsored club).

Reaction Score
Roma is first for me.
Then I follow Panathinaikos, my Dad's favorite team.
Then back to Italy for Udinese (a team I followed since 80s) and Verona.

In the UK I've liked what I've seen of Swansea a lot, Fulham seems to have a deranged coach but I could root for them, and also I like Sunderland not only because of Jozy.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
LIVERPOOL. In the Bundesliga, I have followed Schalke 04 for many years. I liked Napoli because of Rafa Benitez and enjoy Barcelona because of Luis Suarez.

Reaction Score
upload_2015-8-8_12-37-45.png

Amsterdam is my favorite city in the world, so I'll go with Ajax. Have actually never seen them play, but have tickets for De Haag vs Ajax later this month.

Reaction Score
Most hated and loved team in Germany. I was stationed there very recently and I lived in Wiesbaden which had a second division side (Mainz was very close by as well) and Kaiserslautern who was relegated. Most of the Germans I knew hated Munich (but loved the players come the World Cup). They also loved it when JK was hired by the US because they thought he had been screwed over by Munich "politics".

Anyways, as you know, living Germany you get a whole different perspective on Soccer. I would even venture to say that Soccer in places like Germany is even bigger that American Football is in America! Some of the drama that has historically come out of Munich makes the drama that comes out of the Lakers or the Heat seem like kid stuff.

Yep, Bayern is like the Patriots (or Yankees, or Cowboys). You either love them or hate them. All of the teeny boppers and kids love them because they're good... All of the adults (who aren't bandwaggoners) hate them.

Like you said, whenever international competition comes up (Champions League or Uefa) everyone cheers for the Germans sides even if they normally hate them. I never could get over that.

Anyway, I've been a Mainz 05 fan since I moved here. Everyone told me I had to be an Eintracht Frankfurt because they're from Hessen or Bayern because they're good but I chose the underdogs. Besides, the dirtbag Frankfurt fans make Raider fans look like girls scouts. Can't support that.

Reaction Score
Yep, Bayern is like the Patriots (or Yankees, or Cowboys). You either love them or hate them. All of the teeny boppers and kids love them because they're good... All of the adults (who aren't bandwaggoners) hate them.

Like you said, whenever international competition comes up (Champions League or Uefa) everyone cheers for the Germans sides even if they normally hate them. I never could get over that.

Anyway, I've been a Mainz 05 fan since I moved here. Everyone told me I had to be an Eintracht Frankfurt because they're from Hessen or Bayern because they're good but I chose the underdogs. Besides, the dirtbag Frankfurt fans make Raider fans look like girls scouts. Can't support that.

Plus Tim Chandler plays for Frankfurt, .

Reaction Score
Glasgow Celtic, Hail Hail. Anyone but Chelski and ManUre. St. Pauli and Dortmund

Reaction Score
Glasgow Celtic, Hail Hail. Anyone but Chelski and ManUre. St. Pauli and Dortmund
Will Rangers and Celtic be reunited in the Scottish Premiereship after this season? Rangers were close to promotion last year, until Motherwell (I think) bumped them off in the final playoff.

Reaction Score
Will Rangers and Celtic be reunited in the Scottish Premiereship after this season? Rangers were close to promotion last year, until Motherwell (I think) bumped them off in the final playoff.
I think the huns will make it up. Not a very good side but still deeper than most teams down there. So should see some more old firm batterings next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom