Who's your team? | The Boneyard

Who's your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Sorry if this has been already posted. Just seeing who everyone's squad is. Mine is Barca. Love love their style of play and their youth program. I have watched messi since his first game and watching ronaldinho play confirmed to me he's the greatest of all time (messi and Brazilian Ronaldo are close). I think they're going to get another midfielder or defender before their ban starts. I like the signing of Rakitić. He's going to make iniesta play more free and push iniesta to be better,as well as his hustle and long ball. I love when he takes a long distance shot, Barca has been missing that. I think they made some great signings in the offseason and their young guys are going to be very good. Who is your squad and what do you think of them?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm a Liverpool supporter. I love Messi and root for Barca but it sucks that the only games available to me now are the Champions League.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'm a Liverpool supporter. I love Messi and root for Barca but it sucks that the only games available to me now are the Champions League.
Yeah thankfully I have bein sports. I can't wait to watch Balotelli

Reaction Score
Liverpool as well. My two favorite British folks I've met on my travels are both die-hard LFC fans and they're owned by the Sox, so why not.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who has a La Liga team? or a team not in the EPL? lol

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Juventus. (Catania when they are up in Serie A)

Domestically, it's the Revs...

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who has a La Liga team? or a team not in the EPL? lol
Yes. ;)
I enjoy all the leagues, I've just been watching BPL longer and enjoy it the most, and Spurs is my club. If I had to pick a team in each league that I follow it would be Barca, Fiorentina, and Borussia Monchengladbach (just b/c I like saying Monchengladbach).

Reaction Score
Arsenal in EPL. Lyon in Ligue 1 in France. In MLS, used to like the Revs; but, as I live in Jersey now (and I hate what Kraft has done to the team) and I know some of the folks behind the new NYC FC team, I may root for them even though 1) they are partly owned by Man City, which is balanced out by my Yankees owning the other half, and 2) I like the Red Bull's arena, which is 20 minutes from my house.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I have not chosen any teams to follow and am being counseled by zls as I try to decide which bandwagon I'm going to get on.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm a Swansea City fan. Went to a game during their promotion campaign and have been a huge supporter ever since. Don't like cheering for the "big name" teams in any sport so I could never pull for the Manchester's or Arsenals of the world.

As for other leagues, I would love to watch more but I'm not shelling out an extra $10 a month just to get beIN

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As it's likely I'm West Brom's only Connecticut supporter I was probably the only one following in horror today as they barely advanced on penalties.

Reaction Score
I have no idea yet. I used to follow Man City from a distance only because that was Reyna's team and it was before the Mansour takeover and they seem the most like able of the heavies.

I just know that I don't like Man U.

Domestically I like Sporting KC and I go to a couple games a month.

Reaction Score
Houston Dynamo and the USMNT. The rest I appreciate from a distance.

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score
I have not chosen any teams to follow and am being counseled by zls as I try to decide which bandwagon I'm going to get on.

Do not choose Newcastle. As a long term fan, I assure you that they will only introduce grief into your life.
However, for me, getting to celebrate a win for the Magpies at St James and then following the crowd to the square in central Newcastle afterwards is something quite interesting.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Don't like cheering for the "big name" teams in any sport so I could never pull for the Manchester's or Arsenals of the world.

As for other leagues, I would love to watch more but I'm not shelling out an extra $10 a month just to get beIN
Thank you! :D (not that you don't cheer for us, but that you still consider us a "big name" after years of not doing much of anything, except finishing above the Tots)

Arsenal, as you can see. Domestically I like DC United. Have since the league started, and it was easy at the beginning. I also kind of like Barcelona (I know), and Milan. Catch a game of theirs now and then and try to keep track of where they are. As a secondary EPL team I liked Fulham because of their American connections.

I love soccer, so I am willing to pay the extra for BeIn Sports. (just wish I could get it HD)

Reaction Score
As a secondary EPL team I liked Fulham because of their American connections.
Fulham off to a rocky start in League Championship, which is too bad as I'd love to see them promoted where they belong. I've always had a soft spot for them as well, for the same reason as you. Would love to catch a game at the Cottage one day.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I think they need a newer, more modern thinking manager. I wonder if Dempsey will go back there over the winter for a spell.

Fulham off to a rocky start in League Championship, which is too bad as I'd love to see them promoted where they belong. I've always had a soft spot for them as well, for the same reason as you. Would love to catch a game at the Cottage one day.

Reaction Score
They way I see it, we're all UConn football fans, so if we want to root for Barca or some other leviathan then we are owed that!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Everton.jpg

Reaction Score

I like Everton because 1) they are rivals with eth Liverpool Red Sox and 2) Timmy and a lot of other USMNT players have been on the team. Even after this week’s match, I held no ill will towards them as it was Arsenal’s own fault for coming out so flat against them. Fortunately, I felt a little better later on when Man U lost to my son’s U8 team.

Reaction Score
Since I was in the Army, stationed in Bavaria (1969-1972), I have been a fan of Bayern München. From Beckenbauer, Müller, Breitner and Sepp Maier, through Augenthaler, Rummenigge and Matthäus to Scholl, Lahm, Ribery, Robben, Schweinsteiger, etc., Bayern has always provided a reason to be excited to follow them.

Reaction Score
Since I was in the Army, stationed in Bavaria (1969-1972), I have been a fan of Bayern München. From Beckenbauer, Müller, Breitner and Sepp Maier, through Augenthaler, Rummenigge and Matthäus to Scholl, Lahm, Ribery, Robben, Schweinsteiger, etc., Bayern has always provided a reason to be excited to follow them.

Most hated and loved team in Germany. I was stationed there very recently and I lived in Wiesbaden which had a second division side (Mainz was very close by as well) and Kaiserslautern who was relegated. Most of the Germans I knew hated Munich (but loved the players come the World Cup). They also loved it when JK was hired by the US because they thought he had been screwed over by Munich "politics".

Anyways, as you know, living Germany you get a whole different perspective on Soccer. I would even venture to say that Soccer in places like Germany is even bigger that American Football is in America! Some of the drama that has historically come out of Munich makes the drama that comes out of the Lakers or the Heat seem like kid stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom