Who will start next year? | The Boneyard

Who will start next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thought it would be fun to think of a way too early starting lineup for next year. Now that the offseason is officially underway and we know who is coming back there is not much to talk about besides recruiting now.

I personally believe the starters will consist of..

PG: Boatright
SG: Purvis
SF: Calhoun
PF: Facey
C: Brimah

I know some may think Hamilton will start over calhoun and nolan over facey but this is just what I believe the starting lineup looks like. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
Ollie will fool around with the lineup until he gets it right like he did this year. I bet Calhoun and Hamilton, and Facey/Lubin or whoever will be rotating unless 1 clearly stands out over the other

Reaction Score
Hamilton will start……..he can shoot it, rebound it, handle it and pass it……….and he's 6'6", he will be in the line up with Boat and Rodney……….it's up to the rest as to where they earn their spots!

I feel there will still be a surprise sometime prior to the season………but if not we have many answers and great depth in the backcourt. Potentially many line ups during game conditions which will mirror some of Villanova's concepts!

Reaction Score
Hamilton will also rebound on the offensive end. He has a real gift for finding the ball.

Reaction Score
Boat
Purvis
Hamilton
Facey
Brimah

Samuel, Calhoun, Nolan

Cassell as best of the rest.

Reaction Score
I know how great of a talent Hamilton is, I just figured Ollie might go with the experience of Omar to start the season and have Hamilton be that scoring spark off the bench. It also gives Omar confidence going further. Either way already cannot wait for next year!!

Reaction Score
Boat
Purvis
Hamilton
Facey
Brimah

Samuel, Calhoun, Nolan

Cassell as best of the rest.

I think you can put Cassell Jr right in with TSam, Phil and Omar…..the guards will be important and his offensive game will be needed a lot I believe……he's an underrated addition! Like his game…….

Reaction Score
I feel like tsam deserves starting minutes next year the way he played in the tourney never saw him underperform. I also feel like cassell jr will be this years tsam

Reaction Score
I feel like tsam deserves starting minutes next year the way he played in the tourney never saw him underperform. I also feel like cassell jr will be this years tsam

ALL of the guards will get plenty of time I feel……..they will be the focus as we see the team now!

Reaction Score
After surgury Brimah will need at least 5 months of physical therapy so he may be a bit behind. I'm believing that Nolan gets the early nod.

Reaction Score
we're stacked at the 1-3 and we're pretty set at the 5 so long as Brimah's recovery comes along. To be obvious, it's the four that's going to be the problem. Facey has talent but now has a ton of pressure on his shoulders. Lubin has raw talent but I don't know if we can expect anything out of him next year. Hamilton isn't anywhere big enough to be able to hold down the 4 defensively. I don't think we need a ton of points from that spot but we need someone to rebound really well and play great D. I think Facey is halfway there, and if he has a good season this team will be incredibly dangerous. DD was a great husky and he'll be missed, but he did tend to disappear sometimes and we occasionally played just as well without him as with him. I don't expect any of our 4s next year to be Daniels but if they can be a poor man's NG (minus the absurd accuracy from downtown) I'll be thrilled.

Reaction Score
What if Hamilton grows an inch or two over the next 8 months? He could become our DD replacement along with Facey at the 4.

Reaction Score
Boat/ Purvis is by far the most athletic backcourt in the country. They will terrorize opponents. Facey is a wild card, as is cassell jr.

Reaction Score
Boat/ Purvis is by far the most athletic backcourt in the country. They will terrorize opponents. Facey is a wild card, as is cassell jr.
What I like about Cassell Jr. is his age and maturity. Ollie has a lot of options and it may take him awhile to land on a starting lineup.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
im sorry but not with boat playing the point and purvis didnt transfer to ride the bench, those two will be the best backcourt in the country if they can play like we know they can... those two will start and tsam first off the bench

Reaction Score
As much talent as we have coming in, I have to admit that I'm most looking forward to seeing what young Mr. Lubin can do. As great as we've been, we haven't had a bruiser in a while (Yo, Adrien!), and it's always good to have at least one bruiser on your team.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I'd love seeing Nolan at the 4 and Brimah manning the 5. With Facey and Lubin to back up, plus another potential big now that DD is going, this situation could be possible. Possible, but not probable.

Reaction Score
im sorry but not with boat playing the point and purvis didnt transfer to ride the bench, those two will be the best backcourt in the country if they can play like we know they can... those two will start and tsam first off the bench
I think depending on the opponent we'll see the 3 guard set often as well. TSam and Purvis are big, physical guards so expect to see this a lot. Our depth at guard is going to wear a lot of other back courts down.

Reaction Score
As much talent as we have coming in, I have to admit that I'm most looking forward to seeing what young Mr. Lubin can do. As great as we've been, we haven't had a bruiser in a while (Yo, Adrien!), and it's always good to have at least one bruiser on your team.
Don't get too excited about Mr Lubin next year. He is making a huge step up.
If body build meant anything UCF would be national champs.
Adrien had that build but also had that KO,SN,KW,will to exceed. Kids like that are very special.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Don't get too excited about Mr Lubin next year. He is making a huge step up.
If body build meant anything UCF would be national champs.
Adrien had that build but also had that KO,SN,KW,will to exceed. Kids like that are very special.

They have Dmitri Hill 2.0

Reaction Score
we're stacked at the 1-3 and we're pretty set at the 5 so long as Brimah's recovery comes along. To be obvious, it's the four that's going to be the problem. Facey has talent but now has a ton of pressure on his shoulders. Lubin has raw talent but I don't know if we can expect anything out of him next year. Hamilton isn't anywhere big enough to be able to hold down the 4 defensively. I don't think we need a ton of points from that spot but we need someone to rebound really well and play great D. I think Facey is halfway there, and if he has a good season this team will be incredibly dangerous. DD was a great husky and he'll be missed, but he did tend to disappear sometimes and we occasionally played just as well without him as with him. I don't expect any of our 4s next year to be Daniels but if they can be a poor man's NG (minus the absurd accuracy from downtown) I'll be thrilled.

I really think that Tolksdorf could get some quality minutes at the four. He's a big body on defense who could hopefully hold his own in the low post and on the boards, but also provide better spacing and another outside threat from the outside. I know he hasn't seen many meaningful minutes to date in his career, but I think he's got the frame/skill set to get some time at the 4.

Reaction Score
Myles Turner would be a perfect fit on this team (Sigh!) I think the backcourt is all set. It might not shoot as well but that remains to be seen depending on how much Boat improves his shot and Purvis likewise. I firmly believe Hamilton is the real deal from what little i saw of him and its absolutely laughable that he wasnt a MCDAA seeing as every publication ive read has him top 15/20 player. Facey showed signs of being a pretty good rebounder,shotblocker and could come along offensively with more development. If he really improves and Brimah isnt set too far back because of shoulder surgery this team should absolutely be one of the favorites by the time march roles around. Guard play is everything in march and we`ll have it in spades.

Reaction Score
I Need my T SAM...

IMO.... he is going to be a star.... purvis is 6'5" and strong... maybe a 3 guard possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom